006

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗺 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗛𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗿𝗮 𝗴𝘂𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗱 𝗱𝗲𝗺𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗼𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗱𝘀 𝗮 𝗵𝗼𝘂𝘀𝗲

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗺 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗛𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗿𝗮 𝗴𝘂𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗱 𝗱𝗲𝗺𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗼𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗱𝘀 𝗮 𝗵𝗼𝘂𝘀𝗲. Rengoku Kyojiro, [Name] found out recently of his name when the crow tipped him off earlier in the day, pulled him a bit too harsh and he almost fumbled on his feet.

The light rain after the sunny day suddenly turned to angry rainfall, hiding Rengoku's words directed towards a new another. 'Must be the owner' [Name] thought, looking everywhere as if being inside the house had miraculously given him sight. Then [Name] felt the sound of wood clanking, was it sandals?

"Take off your sandals, demon!" His skin shivered when he felt the hot breath of his new traveling companion whispering orders towards him. Of course he followed the instruction, his sandals quietly tapped the wood. His, what he assumes to be, white socks touched the hard floor. Wood. [Name] felt the chips of each sign of age from just his feet alone.

Rengoku pulled him some more, where they would be sleeping. Or maybe staying. Rengoku might not be comfortable sleeping in a room in which a demon also occupied.

"Sit." Rengoku utters with mirth.

[Name] followed.

He felt Rengoku's larger than his, calloused fingers tie him up, a bit tighter than necessary, but understandable nontheless. He grunted when he finally finished the knot. He tied the demon's wrists, a thick cloth above, then another rope above the scratchy fabric. The demon tried moving his hands but the tightness didn't allow him to do so.

"Apologies! But I do not trust that you'll keep calm!" Understandable. [Name] thought, but the grumble of his stomach protested. He was hungry. So so hungry. He licked the roof of his mouth, trying to keep any sticky saliva contained.

The footsteps of the slayer faded a bit, [Name]'s heart leaped out from his chest.

Alone. In the dark. His breathing turned ragged, but he tried containing it. He wonders why the dark seemed to consume his entire vision. Did the human not light a candle?

But then he gets an epiphany. Why would a human be considerate of a man eating-demon?

With that, he just sat there, waiting for the sun to peak from the gaps of the straw window somewhere in the room.

[Name] heard the rushing of rivers on the left of him. Rengoku Kyojiro sat on a rock while he stood. They were taking a break. Unknown to [Name], but Kyojiro was skipping stones, trying to relieve the burning pain of his legs from the three hour long walk they both endured.

"Is the river blue? Or is it brown?" [Name]'s eyes were downward; his eyesight now unusable just like before. His lashes framing his misty [Eye Colour] hues. His delicate hands which often moved slowly, fiddling with the ends of his haori. Kyojiro turned his head at the demon by his side before returning to look at the clear water that reflected to sky; his permanent smile giving the illusion of carefree. "It's blue! Quite a beautiful day, I say!"

The demon hummed. "You're quite a loud one, slayer." Rengoku's back muscles tensed a bit. "Apologies if you don't like my tone, but you have no choice but listen, demon!" He skipped another pebble. Quite a pointy one. It sank almost immediately. "No, no, I find it endearing. It's been so long since I've met such a lovely soul." [Name] tried squatting, but ended up falling on his bum. "I feel like we would've gotten along if I wasn't a demon. Don't you think so?" He tried searching for a smooth pebble. He remembers Muzan telling him about how the smoothness of a pebble is essential for its steps above water. [Name] thinks Muzan used it as an analogy for something.

"We might've been." Rengoku looked at the pebble the demon started holding up. "Well, do you think we can get along now? At least for the limited time we have?" Kyojiro picked up a smooth pebble, trying to imitate what the other was doing. His arm moving back and trying to get the right angle. The grey pebble stayed up in the water for about three steps.

"I can do that." He paused. " [Name]." Rengoku Kyojiro can be kind to this demon, until eventually this demon would die by his hands at the orders of Oyakata-sama.

He can be peaceful for a while with an enemy.

One of my greatest fears is going blind. Well, fully, that is.

A bit of Ooc Rengoku for Plot's sake lol. Next chapters will be about MC and Rengoku's journey to the Demon Corps.

Have a lot going on, so I don't really have time for an update.

Thank you for reading :)))