007

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝘄𝗼 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘄𝗮𝗹𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗶𝗿𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗾𝘂𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗯𝗲, 𝗮𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝗮𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗽𝗽𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗯𝘆 𝗮 𝗻𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗯𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗹, 𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗯𝗯𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮 𝗳�...

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝘄𝗼 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘄𝗮𝗹𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗶𝗿𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗾𝘂𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗯𝗲, 𝗮𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝗮𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗽𝗽𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗯𝘆 𝗮 𝗻𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗯𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗹, 𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗯𝗯𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮 𝗳𝗲𝘄 𝗽𝗶𝗲𝗰𝗲𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗲𝗺𝗽𝘂𝗿𝗮 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗸𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗮𝗺𝗶 𝗱𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗼.. The town they were in was quite dry and dusty compared to the wet weather of yesterday. [Name] felt the rocks and hoarse dust enter his slippers; he shook it off, of course. Some women giggled at his antics, but other than that, he only heard Rengoku ordering from the street vendor.

As Rengoku payed with silver coins, the demon stood still, trying to not let in the pesky dust and also placate his hunger from the smell of fresh little humans running around the place with their mothers or nannies in tow.

"Oē-san," [Name] widened his eyes a bit. Rengoku had knocked his hat backwards, giving him quite the scare (A heart attack). "You had leaves on your hat. Sorry for that!" His energetic voice said. [Name] didn't respond at first, preferring to reply with a cough then a small thanks.

"When... When will we get there? To where you'll be taking me, I mean." [Name] fiddles with the tassel that also hanged from his hat on the front. His nails growing a bit sharp due to the clamminess of his hands. "We'll be there soon. If we're lucky, we might arrive there at midnight!" Followed by 'Umai!'.

They were in fact not at all lucky. They camped right outside the small town; that is, when an old couple invited them into their humble home. So maybe they were quite lucky?

"It's ok boys, we don't mind. Now, rest for a while. I'll cook dinner." The kind, greying old lady smiled as her husband whom was already grey pointed at the bath behind his wife, trying to not get in trouble. Quite rude, but understandable regardless; Rengoku thought, flushing a bit at the older man's gesture. "Oē-san! He turned around when they were ta the small hallway leading to where their room should be (The couple only had one spare room left) and where the bath is located. "Let's take a bath. We smell." [Name] grimaced at the younger's blunt words.

His feet hesitantly dipped itself in the hot bath connected to the spring outside the couple's home. His hands trying to keep steady, holding the Flame Hashira's white yukata covered arm. [Name] couldn't feel hurt, but his body told him otherwise.
"Apologies, Rengoku-san." His lashes fluttered towards his feet where he felt the gentle engulf of the water. His grip tightened.
Rengoku's muscles flexed themselves nervously. A sheen of sweat from the heat dripped down his muscle.