Chapter 1

As Astraea stepped out of the train and into the dark night, her thoughts turned to her parents. She thought of how they would be worried that she was late, and how their voices would erupt into arguments if they found out that she missed their precious dinner time, but she could only smile sadly as these thoughts flowed through her mind.

But her thoughts came to a halt, when she felt a sudden sense of dread as she realized that she had left her bag on the train. She had forgotten it in her hurry, as anxiety made her rush off into the night. With a quick turn, she turned around and ran back towards the train station. Anxiety and dread clouded her mind, yet she moved quickly, desperate to retrieve her bag. Her only thought was that it contained something important; she didn't want to think about losing it.

Her thoughts turned to all the valuable journals and writing drafts she had stowed away in her bag. As she lost herself in worry and regret, her mind was filled with thoughts of what she could lose. In her hurry and distress, she wasn't looking where she was going, and ended up bumping into someone rather harshly. Her first thought was one of shame, as the anxiety and pressure of her worries got to her.

She was about to rush off again, lost in the rush of anxiety and worry over her lost bag, when the hot mystery man called out to her. She turned to look up at him, her thoughts suddenly coming to a halt. The guy seemed to be in possession of her bag, and she felt a rush of relief wash over her, along with some regret at her behavior. She quickly replied with a sheepish "Yes", trying to suppress her worry with a smile.

"Thank you so much for returning my bag, it had some very important things inside of it."

 She gave him a small smile, he quickly replied, reassuring her worries.

"No problem, it wasn't a big deal. What were you in such a hurry for?"

"It's just that I'm late to dinner, and my parents are very strict about punctuality. I knew they'd be worried for me, and I just couldn't handle another night of them worrying about me." she quickly rambles.

"Hi, my name is Astraea, it's nice to meet you! What's your name?" 

Mystery man answers coldly and uninterested, "Magnus." 

She gives him a small smile "Magnus? That's an interesting name. Do you know, some people might even think it's magnificent!" 

Astraea laughed at her own joke, waiting for Magnus to respond. However, Magnus's cold demeanor didn't seem to appreciate the joke.

Magnus, unamused, says, "That's a corny joke."

 She swore she saw his lips turn upwards a bit, but she just chuckles a bit 

"I know... I just wanted to try and lighten the mood. But I guess I failed." 

Magnus, still cold, answers with a short "Yes."

 Although the situation was awkward, Astraea ends the conversation in a hurry remembering where she has to be, "Well, um, it was nice to meet you."

Magnus sternly answers with, "Likewise." 

"So, um... see you around." she rushes away in hurry

As she walked off, and felt a sudden feeling of happiness. She found herself giggling and couldn't help the feeling of excitement and joy that rushed over her. As she walked towards her home, she couldn't wait to tell someone about Magnus and the short and unamusing conversation they had, even if it was a short one. Something about it felt... nice.

_______________________________________

Hey! this is my first book, I would love if you gave me feedback <3