Chapter 3

Magnus worked tireless hours running his parents' bakery, but it was paying off. The customers were happy, and his business was expanding at a rapid rate. He had plans for further expansion, and found himself in New York, hoping to find a large shop location to take over as the main bakery base. As he walked the busy streets, his mind turned to Astraea her gorgeous curls, mesmerizing brown eyes and weird personality oh and her smell she spelled like freshly pick roses it entranced him, and the connection they shared on the train. He thought maybe it would be best to forget about her and focus on the main reason he had come to New York in the first place.

Although mind consumed and driving in the busy streets of New York, Magnus phoned up his close friend Theo, quickly asking if he could crash at his place until he found a permanent residence. 

"Hey, I need to crash at your place for a few days." 

Theo chuckles at his friend's unfriendly personalty but answers enthusiastically, "Hey, Magnus! I don't mind at all, my place is your place. Just let me know when you'll be arriving, so I can prepare a spare room for you." the line went quiet for a second.

"So, you must have someone special back in Boston, huh? I can't imagine a handsome guy like you is spending all of his time alone."

Magnus dismissed his question, "fuck off man"

Theo, laughed, "Sure, sure. Your secret is safe with me, but tell me, does she look good in an apron?"

Magnus rolled his eyes and grunted clearly over with this conversation, "Theo, stop being fucking nosy and go back to whatever the fuck you were doing"

Magnus hung up the call, and found his mind wandering to Astraea, before he quickly dismissed the thought from his mind once more. He arrived at the building and parked his car in front, taking a moment to marvel at the structure before he got out and headed inside. Magnus walked into the spacious and elegant building, taking in the high ceilings, the open layout, and the luxurious atmosphere. He imagined the potential for the bakery, thinking that with a bit of design and creative space utilization, it could be the perfect location for the main bakery. He felt a jolt of pride, and knew that he had to secure this place, fast.

Magnus was driving by a small, warm café and decided to stop and order himself a coffee. It was cold outside, and Christmas was just around the corner, so the streets were awash with decorations and last-minute shoppers. He thought to himself, "I could use a cup of warm coffee right about now, to take the edge off of this cold. Plus, it might be nice to take a break for a quick moment. As he walked in, he was greeted by warm lighting and a cozy atmosphere, and he ordered a cup of coffee with a grunt.

Just as Magnus finished his order and turned to find a place to sit, he couldn't help but notice Astraea enter the same café. He was momentarily startled, and looked over at her, wondering if it was really her. He watched her as she took a seat by the window and ordered herself a coffee. He couldn't believe his misfortune, seeing her here. He was praying he wouldn't recognize her as he took a seat at an open table, waiting a little too impatient for his coffee.

__________________________________________

Heyy new chapter! Hope you enjoy, please vote and comment <3