Chapter 8

The morning was off to a stressful start. As Astraea rushed to work, she realized that she was running late. As she looked at her watch, she felt a bit frustrated - she had to be at work at 8:30, and it was already 8.

Luckily, Astraea had two options. She could walk to work, which would put her only a few minutes late, or she could take a cab and hopefully make it on time. As she tried not to panic, She decided that it would be better to walk, as she wouldn't have enough time to wait for a cab.

Astraea arrived at her office building, rushing as she arrived a little late for work. She greeted the receptionist on the way in and hurried to her desk as quickly as she could. Despite the hectic start to the morning, she settled down once she arrived at her desk and started writing her blog. It was just a simple yet engaging travel blog, and she hoped that it would receive a nice response from readers.

As Astraea was working on her travel blog, lunch rolled around, and she decided to head to the canteen to grab a small lunch and take a short break.

Astraea was heading to the canteen over her lunch break, when she quite literally ran into a girl.

"Hey I'm so sorry didn't mean to bump into you" Astraea apologizes feeling guilty.

"No, no, it's alright! Don't worry about it! I guess I wasn't looking where I was going."

Astraea chuckles, "It's totally fine, I wasn't looking either.

"You're the new girl, right, I don't believe we've met before. Let me introduce myself - I'm Riley, it's nice to meet you."

"Yup, it's my first day! I'm Astreaa, and you're right - we haven't met before, so it's nice to meet you, Riley."

"Hey, maybe you'd be open to sitting with me?"

"Everyone here are complete spoiled asses, I guess I'm the best you're going to find" she laughs.

"I bet, I'm glad I found you then" Astraea answers laughing lightly going along with the joke.

" Well, okay, not all of them are, but some of them. But I'm sure you'll fit in here in no time."

"Oh, I bet I will. I mean, I'm not sure if I want to fit in here as much as you are saying. But I'll learn to deal with it, that's for sure. Yeah, and ill take you up on your offer, I would love to sit with you!"

Astraea and Riley had spent their lunch break together. The two had chatted and laughed the entire time, getting to know each other better.

As the two got up to leave, Riley stopped Astraea.

"Hey, umm.. I know this might sound a little forward, but I just wanted to say, you seem really cool, and I have really enjoyed hanging out with you today. I was wondering if you would be interested in going out for drinks tonight?"

"Really? You mean it? Sure, I'd love to go out for drinks." 

"Great! Here's my number, then. Why don't you give me a call when you're free, and we can figure out the details. Until then, see you at work, okay?"

"Perfect! I'll call you later. See you at work!"

"Alright, thanks, Astraea! Talk to you later."

Astraea and Riley then parted ways, agreeing to hang out and grab drinks together tonight. The two were feeling good about the new friendship they had formed and couldn't wait for their next outing together.

_________________________________

Short chapter, hope you enjoyed <3