Chapter 10

The streets were alive with the excitement and wonder of the holiday season, and Astraea was heading downtown to meet up with Magnus at a café. The café was filled with customers, all looking to enjoy a warm cup of coffee, hot cocoa, or other treats before they headed off to see friends and family for the evening celebrations. In the middle of all the hustle and bustle, both Astraea and Magnus found each other and greeted with a warm smile and a slight nod from Magnus, before deciding to head over to a table to enjoy some coffee and conversation before they headed off themselves for the night

"Thanks again for coming to pick me up the other night, Magnus. I'm not sure where I would be if you hadn't answered my call in time."

"It's no problem at all, Astraea."

"I was really scared. But once you got there, everything started to calm down. Thank you for being there for me."

Sitting across from each other at a table in the crowded café, Astraea and Magnus both looked up at each other with smiles. But despite their excitement to see one another, there was a sense of awkwardness between them that made their meeting a bit strange. It took just a few moments for their conversation to really flow, but once it did, the awkwardness seemed to disappear, and they immediately started catching up.

Astraea laughs and asks "What's your favorite color, Magnus?" It was quite a random question, but they had run out of topics to talk about, and she had yet to break the ice.

"I guess if I had to pick one, I'd say grey."

"Well, it certainly makes sense. Just as dull and boring as you."

"Hahaha, okay okay. I'm not boring." 

"No, I know. You're a really good friend and a good person, too. But grey does fit you."

"Oh, yeah? Well, what's your favorite color, Astraea?"

"Well, if I had to pick, I'd say red."

"Huh, red. Why's that, then?"

"Well, I've always felt a strong draw to it ever since I was little. And I feel like red is the color of passion and love, so it seems to fit me really well."

The two friends had spent a large amount of time sitting in the busy café, drinking coffee and catching up after so many months apart. As the conversation waned and eventually began to turn towards the topic of their careers

"So, Magnus, I have a confession to make. Truth be told, I actually don't know much about you. And that makes me kind of curious, what do you do for a living?"

"I took over my family-owned bakery business in Boston after my parents retired, but I'm currently relocating the main base to New York."

"Well, I never would have expected that, I guess I just never imagined you working as a baker."

"It is true, you don't know much about me. But, I guess I could say the same about you, Astrea. What brings you to New York?

"I'm a journalist and I recently got a job offer here in New York. It's been a bit crazy working here, but I think I'm starting to adjust."

"Oh, a journalist, huh? I'm glad to hear you're getting adjusted, though."

"Well, it turns out we have something in common!"

"What's that?"

"We're both new to New York! I guess we can try our best not to get lost in this chaotic city"

"That's true. Although I have to say, I think you're more eager to explore this city than I am."

As the Christmas spirits set in, Astraea and Magnus spent the afternoon at the bustling café, sipping their coffee and enjoying each other's company. The café was filled with decorations and festive activities, creating a wonderful atmosphere. Before long, their coffee was finished, and the two friends had to part ways for the evening. While they may have only been together for a short time, the two friends knew their friendship was only just beginning.

__________________________________

Hey guys! This was very rushed and short so sorry for any mistakes but enjoy and don't forget to vote and comment <3