Chapter 19: I'm Staying Here

•••Ricky's POV•••

"Has anyone seen Gina?" Carlos asked. "We need her today."

We were in rehearsal that next day.

"Yeah, about that..." Maddox began.

"Hey, guys." Gina came in with an enormous amount of bandaging done from her ankle up.

"Woah, Gi, what happened?" I asked rushing towards her.

"I tripped over a root walking to Ash's last night, and rolled my ankle pretty bad. I can still dance and film and stuff, though, so I'm good."

"Does it hurt?"

"Sometimes, not as much as earlier. I'm fine, guys, don't worry much about it."

"So, who's gonna choreograph?" Emmy asked.

"Like I said, I can still dance and move around, so you all still have your choreographer."

"Gina, is that a good idea? I mean, maybe you just need to relax for a while."

"Unfortunately, that can not happen, Mr. Bowen." Quinn stormed into the auditorium. "Gina has a very packed filming and rehearsal schedule Al the way until the beginning of July, so..." She handed Gina a packet with dozens of highlights on it.

"And Gina of course has this project to worry about." Channing piped in.

"Not now!" We said in sync.

"Everyone, settle down, today we are beginning some blocking for the Shiz scenes, and also learning a bit of choreography from Gina for that song. We have Kristin joining us today, let's begin." Miss Jenn clapped three times.

"Actually, Jessica, we will be doing some interviews for the doc today, just so you know." Channing said.

There was a murmur between the cast, and mix of scoffs and rolling eyes.

"I'd like to start with Kourtney and Gina, who I'm guessing are super competitive with each other as they are planning the same part."

"Sorry to disappoint, Channing, but Kourtney and I are good friends."

"Whatever, just give us drama."

I look over at Gina who scoffs.

"I'll check in with you in a bit?"

"Okay, Ricky. I love you."

"I love you, Gina." I kiss her forehead, and walk away.

•••Interview, viewer's POV•••

"So, walk everyone through your rivalry as you both play Elphaba." Channing said from behind the camera.

"Excuse me?" Kourtney said.

"I'm sorry, but that's just not us. We're all good friends."

"That's not what we're looking for in this doc. Tell the truth. You've got to be a little insecure, right?"

"No, not really. We all have our strengths and things we need to keep working on." Gina said.

"We're proud of each other."

•••After rehearsals, Ricky's POV•••

"Hey, Gi. Wanna go to Slices for a bite?"

"Sure."

"Great, let's head out."

•••At Slices•••

"So, how's the movie going?" I asked, grabbing both of her hands from across the table.

"It's good. Enough about that, how's the college prep going?"

"It's good, it's good. I'm a lot less nervous knowing I have a plan, and I have you." I leaned across the table and kissed her.

"Not now, Ricky, not here." She whispered.

"Alright." I sighed. "So, you know what holiday's coming up?"

"What one?"

"You serious, Gi?" I lowered my chin.

"Seriously, what is it?"

"Valentine's day? The day of love?"

"Oh." She sighed. "I kind of blocked that out of my mental calendar after last years...should I say incident?"

"Well, you don't have to worry about being alone now. You've got me, and I'm not going anywhere."

I saw tears in her eyes, as I loosely gripped her hands once again.

"I'm staying with you, Gina Porter."