Chapter 95: Rewrite the Stars

Six more chapters, starting...now!
Please go read my collab with Lia_Morgan3 on her page! It's called Rewriting the Stars and is completed!

Gina's POV
We're about to go on stage for Rewrite The Stars, and I'm freaking out.

This is maybe my biggest scene of the show. I mean, sure, there's the fire scene and hospital one, but this one's is my biggest Anne x Philip scene.

Where the focus is all on them.

On us.

On me.

I look up to Zendaya a  h u g e amount, and I really want to try and live up to her while also paying my respects.

Wish me luck.

•••
"You know I want you. It's not a secret I try to hide. I know you want me, so don't keep saying our hands are tied."

I scoff, rolling my eyes and walking across the stage from Ricky.

"You claim it's not in the cards, that fate is pulling you miles away from me, but you're here in my heart, so who can stop me if I decide, that you're my destiny."

I turn my head to look at him, but not my entire body white yet, love and uncertainty in my eyes.

"What if we rewrite the stars, say you were made to be mine? Nothing can keep us apart. You'll be the one I was meant to find. It's up to you, and it's up to me, no one can say what we get to be. What if we rewrite the stars, say that the world can be ours...tonight."

I drop suddenly from a rope.

"You think it's easy. You think I don't wanna run to you? But there are mountains and there are doors that we can't walk through."

I slam an invisible door in his face as I jump down from grasping the rope.

"I know you're wondering why, because it's easy to be just you and me...within these walls, but when we go outside, you're gonna wake up and see that it was hopeless after all..."

I approach him slowly through the previous lyrics, pushing him on my last held note.

I grab my rope again, flying in the air, into a hoop, and over the audience. Oohs and ahhs fill the space.

"No one can rewrite the stars, how can you say you'll be mine? Everything keeps us apart! And you're not the one I was meant to find. It's not up to you, it's not up to me when everyone tells us what we can be. And how can we rewrite the stars, say that that the world can be ours. Tonight."

I wrapped my arms around his neck as he held my waist. I was sure he could see the fear in my eyes as he we pretty much catapulted in the air for a lack of better words.

I put all my trust in this boy I've known for the last twenty two months. That's it. But it feels like a lifetime ago that all this began.

"All I want is to fly with you, all I want is to fall with you. So just give me all of you."

We sang together, and then we went back and forth. I started singing, and he joined in.

"It feels impossible."

"It's not impossible."

"Is it impossible?"

"Say it's impossible!"

Then in sync again.

"And how do we rewrite the stars? Say you were made to be mine? And nothing can keep us apart, you'll be the one I was meant to find! It's up to you, and it's up to me. No one can say what we get to be! And why don't we rewrite the stars, changing the world to be ours."

"You know I want you. It's not a secret I try to hide. But I can't have you. We're bound to break and my hands are tied."

I gave Ricky one last glance, before walking off stage. My bare feet making a small sound against the hardwood.

The audience was silent for a few very long moments.

And then the applause was deafening.