Chapter 29: Gifting

Almost to 30 chapters and 50 parts in just over a week! Enjoy, and I want to hear from all of you what you want to read!

Ricky's POV
First step to making Gina's first real Valentine's Day the best and most memorable one, breakfast.

She had fallen back asleep after we spoke, and now I was making pancakes and waffles.

"Ricky? Aww, Ricky, you didn't have to do this." She said as I served her in bed. "Thank you."

"You deserve it, Gina. You really do." I sat down and grabbed her hands. "You've worked so hard these last few months, and you've put everyone before yourself. You've grown so much as a person, and I'm proud of you."

By now, there were tears in her eyes. "You're amazing, Ricky. What'd I ever do to get you?"

"So many things."

•••

"Ricky, I want to show you what I got for you, now."

"Up to you." I shrugged.

"Come here." She smiled. We sat down on the floor together in our fuzzy slippers and sweats. "First of all, hot cocoa."

"Ooh, thank you." I grinned, giving it a soft blow.

"Now...here you go." She pulled out a rather large but short box and handed it to me. "I have something else for later."

"Thank you." I said, kissing her nose. I started to pull away, but she grabbed my face, and kissed me.

I began opening the box, and inside was a new hoodie. I looked up and laughed slightly. Pulling it out the rest of the way, I unfolded it and read the words knitted into the pocket.

I love you feels a lot like high school, and forever after that.

"Thank you, Gi." I hugged her.

"It's nothing, compared to what you've done for me."

"I'm bringing this with me to college. Everywhere." I rubbed my hands up and down her arms. "Now I have my first part of the gift for you. The rest comes after dinner."

"Fine by me." She curled up closer to me.

"Here you go." I pulled out the two boxes I got. "Let's just say, this should keep us connected when we don't get to see each other every day."

"Okay." She tilted her head to the side curiously, opening the box carefully. "Oh, Ricky." She placed a hand over her heart.

In her box was a bronze necklace with an R on it. Mine, of course, had a G.

"Help me put it on?" She asked.

"Why, of course." I bowed to her sarcastically.

"I love you, Ricky Bowen."

"And I love you, Gina Porter."