Chapter 76: The Pace

Ricky's POV
At dinner I can tell Gina is still fairly uncomfortable and unsure of herself.
My mom sits on one side of the table, while Gina and I sit across from her.

I place my hand on Gina's thigh in attempt to calm her down, immediately feeling her leg bouncing up and down.

"So, Gina, what are your plans for your future? With your acting career and college, what are you thinking?"

I scoff, wondering why she would ask that when Gina is so nervous.

"Umm...well, I'm planning on taking a break from television after Romeo and Juliet premiers. I probably won't start back up again until the second year of c-college. And I'm jot quite sure where I'm wanting to apply yet."

"And why's that?" My mom asked.

"Uhh...well..."

"Mom, I'm sure that after moving around for as long as Gina has been, thinking about where you want to move next when it's finally a willing thing is a tough decision."

The rest of the dinner was quiet, occasional whispers and laughs between just us two. Then we headed back to my room.

•••

"Wanna cuddle some more?" I asked her.

"Yes please." She grinned, slipping in beside me once again. "Thank you, for stepping in and helping me out with your mom earlier."

"It's nothing. That was completely inappropriate for her to ask after all you've been dealing with. These last few years especially."

"Thank you, Ricky."

"Kids! I'm gonna head out to get some milk for tomorrow! Behave!"

"Got it, Mom! Just us I guess."

"I don't hate that." I heard her mumble and then blush. "Not that we're gonna- I- Ricky, I didn't mean-"

"Gi, relax, I know what you mean."

"Okay." She sighs, laying down.

I wrap my arms around her, pulling all the blankets up over us. I put my hand on her shirt, slipping my hand under it.

After a few minutes of a weirdly awkward silence, which we usually don't have, I feel Gina starting to squirm in my arms.

"Are you okay? Do you need to use the bathroom?" I asked concernedly.

"No it's not that, I'm just...could you move your hand?" She asked.

"Sure, I'm sorry, I just thought-"

"Ricky, I know that I should be comfortable with this after ten months together, but I'm just-"

"Not. And that's okay, Gina. You choose the pace."

"Am I enough?"

"What?" I ask in disbelief.

"I asked if I am enough. I know what you're gonna say, 'you're perfect, and so beautiful, sweetie', but I'm seventeen, and you're gonna be nineteen in a month. I can't help but wonder if I'm going to slow for you."

"You're not. I promise. I messed up in my last relationship, and taking our time has proved to be helpful. I love you so much, and I love just holding your hand or even just talking with you."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."