6

Light filtered gently through the curtains as Kathryn awakened, feeling like she was being hugged by the bed she was in.

It took a couple of moments before she remembered what happened the day before and she sat up in bed with a start. She could hear Kibum outside doing something, so after getting dressed, she walked out timidly.

"Hi Kathryn, slept well?"

"Yes, thanks. Your bed is way more comfortable than mine."

Realising how that sounded, Kate blushed and quickly moved on. "Making breakfast?"

"Yes, for you."

Kibum had awakened before her, and after finding that she was still comfortably sleeping, decided to make her some.

Kate watched him cook with expert hands, making her some bibimbap.

"Any plans for the day?" He asked.

"Honestly, no. On Saturdays I usually chat with my family a bit or hang out sometimes with Shan. How about you?"

"I actually have to go film, so I'm glad I feel better."

"You work on weekends too? Don't know if I could."

He smiled. "The life of an idol is busy."

"It would seem so."

After breakfast with Kibum, Kate went to clean up at home and have a chat with her family.

In the meantime, Kibum went about his occupations, all the while thinking of a way to properly thank Kathryn.

He was still thinking about it the next day when he was in the car with his members.

"You're awfully quiet Kibum," Minho commented.

"I'm just thinking about how to thank my English tutor."

"You have a tutor?" Jinki asked.

"Yeah, just to have someone to speak English with."

"Why do you need to thank her?" Taemin asked, suddenly interested.

Kibum scratched the back of his head. "Well, last time she came over I had a fever and she kind of took care of me."

Taemin laughed. "For real? Like fed you and all?"

Kibum scowled. "Not like that. She just got me medicine and made sure there was food and stuff, and I feel bad so I want to thank her properly."

"I can imagine," Jinki commented. "Got anything in mind?"

"I could cook? It's what I'm good at."

"Just get her Shinee tickets, everyone loves that." Taemin looked satisfied with himself.

"Those are all sold out."

"Why don't you take her out somewhere or offer her something she wouldn't get usually?" said Minho. "Like a spa or something."

"That's not a bad idea."

Kibum continued mulling it over as the boys tore into him for getting himself into the situation in the first place. By the end of the day, he had a firm idea of what he wanted to do and decided to wait until he had a bit more time to put his plan in action.

___

The living room table looked fit for a king as Kibum stood back, proud of his work. He'd made a really fancy meal with a lot of side dishes for Kathryn, and then had asked her over to hang out. He was just checking over his appearance when he heard her ring the bell.

"Kathryn! Come in."

She stepped in, looking nice as usual. He liked it when she put a bow in her hair.

"What's all this?" she said when she saw the table.

"We're gonna have dinner together. I cooked."

"Wow, it looks so good!"

Kibum pulled her chair out for her and she sat.

"This is all so nice, thank you." She beamed.

"This is to thank you properly, so now we're even."

She laughed. "I told you, it wasn't a big deal. But thanks anyway."

Kibum served her some food which she ate with gusto. He found himself smiling as she ate, having always loved seeing people enjoy his food.

"So, anything interesting happening lately?"

"Yes, actually." Kathryn paused to finish eating. "I'm going to a party this weekend."

"Oh?"

"Yes, the British embassy throws one every year and I always go with Martin."

Martin? Kibum felt his heart squeeze. Who was that?

"Martin?"

"Yeah, he's a friend of mine. Actually he's the only other British person I met when I first got here."

"Oh okay."

Kibum felt relieved, but then immediately asked himself why he felt that way. He couldn't possibly be... jealous?

"I can't wait, I always have so much fun."

"I can imagine. Does it make you miss home?"

"Sometimes." She smiled and then seemed pensive for a short while. "Anyway, what about you? I saw your performance on YouTube."

Kibum laughed and blushed a little. "You watch those?"

"Of course! I love Shinee."

"Who's your favourite?" Kibum found himself asking.

"You, of course." She smirked.

"Are you just saying that because I pay you?" He laughed.

"You'll never know." She laughed back.

They spent the evening together like that, and when she left Kibum had to be honest with himself: he was starting to fall for her, and he didn't know what to do about that.