11

Kathryn felt her heartbeat in her throat as she walked down the corridor, holding Kibum's hand. He'd assured her many times that it'd be alright, but anxiety was eating her alive.

The members meant so much to Kibum, and after all, she was meeting Shinee! Who wouldn't be nervous?

Kibum knocked on the door and gave her a smile before Onew, also known as Jinki, answered.

"Annyeonghaseyo," he said brightly. Kate immediately bowed to him respectfully. "Come in."

Kathryn entered the dorm where now only Jinki lived, and found the others there in the living room. She greeted them respectfully and they all gave her smiles.

"So, what are you guys up to?" Kibum asked.

"We were literally waiting for you." Minho laughed. "Taemin started gaming."

As they chatted a bit, Kate couldn't help but remark how much hotter they all looked in real life. Not as much as Kibum, of course.

"So Kathryn, Kibum's told us nothing about you except that you teach English," Minho started.

"Yeah, all he's done is smile at his phone," Taemin teased, and Kate chuckled as Kibum's ears turned red.

"What do you want to know?"

"Everything!" Taemin said, inviting her to sit beside him on the sofa. With Minho on the other side, they soon had her in a conversation where they were finding out all they could, making sure to glean anything they could tease Kibum with.

"She seems nice," said Jinki to Kibum in the kitchen as they fixed snacks. "You look happy."

"Thanks." Kibum beamed. "I am."

When they went back out, Taemin was trying to teach Kate how to game.

"I'm really bad at games so bear with me," she said as she tried to keep up with him, instantly getting killed by an enemy. "You see?"

Kibum sat beside Taemin. "It's because you need a better teacher."

Minho made a kissy face and Kibum rolled his eyes.

"It's okay, I've got this," replied Taemin.

The evening went by in a flash with the members. They were all so funny and loud and each had a unique quality you could appreciate them for. She found she got on especially well with Minho, who loved to rile Kibum up.

"It was lovely meeting you guys, I had a really good time." Kathryn bowed again as they were going to leave.

"It was nice meeting you too, you should come see us perform sometime." Jinki smiled.

"I'd like that."

Kibum took her hand and waved goodbye, taking her back to his car.

"So, how was it?"

"Great! Everyone was so nice."

Kibum smiled. "Good."

"Do you think they liked me?"

"Of course! They loved you."

"Good." Kathryn breathed a sigh of relief.

Kibum smiled and reached over to kiss her, deepening the kiss until she pulled away shyly.

"We should probably go now."

"Of course."

Kibum fiddled with his seat belt and began driving.

"Do you want me to take you home?"

"Sure."

Kibum had never seen where she lived as she was always at his place. It was nowhere special, but he felt like a person's home could tell you a lot about them.

"Thanks for the ride." She kissed him on the cheek and started opening the door.

"Can I come up for a second? I haven't seen your place."

"Oh, I mean if you want to. It's not fancy like yours."

He smiled. "I don't care."

Kate led him to a small appartment which was simply decorated. He immediately was interested by the photos: photos of her with family and friends, of her graduation, and of fun places she'd been.

She noticed him looking and blushed.

"You look so much like your mum." He smiled. "Where's your dad?"

"Here." Kate handed him a different picture. "My parents are divorced, so..."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"It's okay." Kathryn smiled. "They don't hate each other."

Kibum looked at the picture. "You have your dad's smile." He put the frame down. "Have any of your family ever visited you here?"

"No, unfortunately. The flight's too expensive so I visit them once a year."

"You must miss them."

"I do. I sometimes think of going back."

Kibum turned to her. "For good?"

She nodded. "Yeah."

"Well, I hope not. I want you to stay here with me."

He took her hands and smiled down at her, leaning in for a kiss.

"Do you want to see the rest?"

Kibum nodded and she took him around.

"Your room's so cute, like you."

"Thank you." She blushed.

He sat on the bed and she joined him, beginning to realise how close they were. He leaned in for another kiss and before she knew it they were making out. She felt how passionate he was as she leaned back on the bed and realised what was happening.

"Kibum..." she whispered as she put a hand on his chest, breaking the kiss. He was hovering above her, face flushed, lips parted.

"Sorry," he said, sitting back up. "I got carried away."

"It's alright. I didn't stop you."

She sat up as well, noting how cute he looked flustered. He didn't know where to look so she grabbed his hand and led him back out into the living room.

"Do you want to watch something together?"

"No, I should probably leave. I have work to do tomorrow."

"Fair enough."

She walked him to the door and gave him a kiss. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight. Love you."

And with that he was gone, hoping that one day she'd let him sleep over.

Meanwhile, Kathryn couldn't believe he'd said he loved her.