14

The rest of the week went by as they went on couple dates, enjoying time outside together. They also met with the members for some more fun, and Kathryn found herself having a long conversation with Minho about football in England, promising to bring him some merch when she went back.

Kibum was still at her place sleeping in her bed, and eventually one night when they were making out, she decided she wanted to go further, and he made sure it was unforgettable, blowing her previous negative experience out of the water. Everything was wonderful - except the dilemma that was growing in the back of her mind.

What she hadn't told Kibum was that she was struggling with whether to quit her job or not. Teaching was fine, but she wanted to be able to progress and there was no possibility of that. She felt stuck, and was beginning to think that going home to start a new life would be the best option. In all honesty, she would have left already if it weren't for Kibum. What would happen to their relationship?

They were lying in bed on a Sunday morning when Kate got a text from Shan telling her she was coming up. She immediately sat up in bed.

"Get dressed," she said to Kibum.

"Why?"

"Cos Shan's coming up here in no time and I don't want her to find us like this."

Kibum got dressed and went to sit on the sofa while Kate tried to look like they weren't just doing what they were doing.

"Also, I didn't tell her who you are. I didn't want her to freak out."

Kate hadn't told anyone who Kibum really was, not even her family. She didn't want the information to get out.

Right on cue, Shan banged on the door and Kate answered.

"Hey girl!" she started but paused when she spotted Kibum on the sofa.

"Who's this? Your boyfriend?"

She sidestepped Kate and went into the living room to greet him.

"Wait, you're the guy from Shinee!" Shaniece searched in her memory. "Key!"

"Yes." He nodded, amused at her excitement.

"Kate you didn't tell me this! Were you trying to keep him to yourself?"

Kate blushed and didn't answer. Shan gave her a knowing smirk and had a seat, starting a conversation with Kibum. She'd be leaving soon so this was her chance to get to know him.

"Wanna hang out all three of us today?"

Kibum shrugged. "Why not?"

"Great! I really wanna see this sensory exhibit at the art museum."

Kathryn was captivated by art; she was an artist herself. She'd drawn Kibum a beautiful picture of him with his dogs for his birthday which he was still amazed by. He watched her take in every detail of the exhibit, wonder filling her eyes. He loved to see her like this.

"You take care of her when I'm gone, okay?" Shan said to Kibum when they were left alone. "Don't break her heart."

"I won't." He smiled.

"I can see the love she has for you, that you have for each other. It's cute."

Kibum blushed. "I love her so much."

Kate came back to find them. "What are you two talking about?"

"Nothing." Shan smirked.

Not even two weeks later and Shan was gone, with Kathryn seeing her off at the airport. She'd told her about the dilemma and Shan had advised her to do what made her happy, and that love always found a way. Kate really hoped it did.

"Kibum? I have to talk to you about something," she said one night as he was giving her little kisses in bed.

"Mmm, what?"

"I'm gonna quit my job."

"Really? What are you gonna do then?"

"I'm gonna leave Korea."

Kibum stopped kissing her and looked at her with wide eyes.