9:: Sick

~✨💫🌟⭐️~

Second Person's POV

"Ace..." you started, "Did you eat a devil fruit?"

Ace gave you a weird look. "...What?"

"..." Thatch stared, "You just realized?"

Marco pinched the bridge of his nose, "Sometimes, I get worried about how stupid you can be-yoi. And it's only been a few weeks since I met you."

"I don't know!! Anything is possible in this world so I wasn't really thinking into it every time Ace used a bit of fire!"

The conversation was cut short by a loud sound of a cannon being fired.

"...well, you're gonna get to see my amazing powers then!" Ace then ran off, leaving you to just stare at his back getting smaller and smaller.

"Looks like it's not a strong pirate crew, and the others can probably handle them but we might as well as just go fight to make things quick." Marco commented.

Thatch got his knives out before smiling, "We'll go out on the deck, so stay here until everything's done, okay?"

You stared at Thatch like he was crazy.

"No way."

Like what was Thatch thinking? There was no way you were going to just stay there like a weak coward.

Plus, it wasn't fair that Ace got to show off and you didn't.

"But y—"

Thatch did not get to finish his sentence before you just jumped off the deck, flying away towards the enemy ship.

"Wait up-yoi!" When you turned your head towards the voice, you saw Marco flying in his bird form. "I don't know how strong you are, I cannot have you die on us!"

"Well, I won't." That was the last thing you said before muttering out, "Nagareboshi Boost!" Causing you to speed up and leave Marco behind.

"Ace!" You yelled out before landing on the deck of the enemy ship.

He grinned, "Watch and learn."

You watched Ace as he took care of the pirates.

You weren't going to lie, he did get so much stronger, especially with his new devil fruit power. You wouldn't be surprised if he was as strong as you— if not, even stronger.

It had seemed like he had worked on his devil fruit powers a lot, which you realized you probably also should do with your light powers. You kind of had been slacking off in the past years, considering how peaceful life was. (Not really but compared to when you used to work under world government & travel alone before you met ASL)

"Light Slash!" You yelled out, swinging your dagger in a slashing motion, slashing the enemies surrounding you.

They were all weak, but there were so many of them. Using both your skills, you and Ace knocked them down group by group.

""Light/Fire Gun!!!"" You and Ace's voice synced, finishing the last blow.

You shot a glance at Ace, "Copy cat!"

"I am not!!"

"Stop bickering, we need to go back to our ship before this ship sinks-yoi!" Said Marco, grabbing onto Ace's torso with his bird claws.

You followed Marco to the ship and watched the ship sink before landing and immediately going up to Ace.

"You just adore me so much, huh?" You placed your hand on his shoulder, "I know I'm such an amazing role model and I get that you can't help it but—"