CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

|| The Crystal ||

━━━━━ ✤ ━━━━━

Reagan parked her car at school in her usual spot, not expecting to see Derek there. But there he was leaning on his car waiting for her. causing her to smile the moment their eyes met. She watched him stride towards her, while she gathered her school bag and got out of the car.

"So—How much trouble did you get into after yesterday?" He casually asked, chivalry personified, shutting the car door behind her. While she adjusted her bag

"Actually, none" Reagan responded in relief "I just told my grandmother everyone was going on about Will's accident and it was too much."

"Hmm, wish I'd thought of that," Derek mused. unknown to the two were two people watching them Grayson and Paige, one watched on with excitement while the other jealously.

"Why ? What happened did you get into major trouble??" She felt a pang of guilt if he did.

"No, thankfully Laura picked up when the school called," Derek answered, sounding relieved. "She did threaten to spill the beans to my mom, but I made a deal with her. Looks like I'm stuck doing her chores for a month now," he added with a sigh "It was worth it though" he added causing her cheeks to redden as they both began making their way towards the school building.

"So? are you going to Will's awake tomorrow, Stacey already has it all set up it's going to be in the gymnasium." she said, remembering the long-detailed email Stacey sent her last night?

"Oh,I—I don't know, I didn't really know him."

Reagan stopped walking causing Derek to follow suit as she looked up at him "Neither did I, but that shouldn't matter it's for everyone to come together, share their stories and support Iris she lost someone she loved we both understand how hard t...

Reagan stopped walking causing Derek to follow suit as she looked up at him "Neither did I, but that shouldn't matter it's for everyone to come together, share their stories and support Iris she lost someone she loved we both understand how hard that can be"?