CHAPTER TEN

|| The Festival ||

━━━━━ ✤ ━━━━━

Reagan raced down the stairs, skipping steps as she knew she was going to be late for school. She finally made it to the last step when she remembered her jacket in the den from the night before. Walking into the room she quickly spotted it tossed over one of the accent chairs in the corner Just as she was about to grab her jacket, her grandmother's voice startled her

"Hey, want some Breakfast?" She asked, walking from the kitchen into the den 

"Sorry, I can't. I'm already running late," Reagan replied, walking back into the foyer.

Dawn noticed that something was bothering her "Is everything okay?" Dawn asks in concern hoping for Reagan to open up to her.

"Yeah, I'm fine " I lied " I'm just feeling a little frazzled" if her mother was here, she would have known something was up since Reagan doesn't usually like to use the word frazzled.

sensing there was more to it Dawn speaks up " Listen Reagan, I get it I know this hasn't been easy, losing your mother, But I'm here—if you want to talk about anything, anything at all " She adds hoping for something out of her granddaughter.

Reagan didn't like lying to her, she hated all these secrets she couldn't tell her that she knew she was a witch, she knew the others would be mad at her if she did, usually she wouldn't care but she was going to be here for a while, letting out a sigh "Look I'm fine really, I'm just going to be late. "

Dawn nodded "well you're going to need these " she says pulling out a pair of familiar car keys.

Reagan eyes lit up at the sight of them" the car fix?" a genuine smile spreading across her face.

Dawn smiled with a nod "brought it in just this morning" she didn't mention the part where they didn't find anything wrong with it, grabbing a hold of the keys "thank you grandma. "She smiled before leaving out the front door.

▅ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▅

after third period Reagan made her way to her locker to switch out her books for her next classes, when she turned the corner to the hallway where her locker was at, she spotted Derek leaning against the locker right beside hers. Her heart raced with excitement and her cheeks turned pink at the sight of him.

"Hey," he greeted with a warm smile.

"Hey!" she mumbled back, her lips curling up into a small grin as she unlocked her locker and started retrieving her textbook for her next class.