CHAPTER EIGHT

|| Grimoire ||

━━━━━ ✤ ━━━━━

Reagan couldn't believe the day she had, if someone would have told her she was going to find out she was a witch today, she would have stayed in bed.

She was worried about Chloe; Misty had felt bad about what happened and insisted she took her home. Which left me alone with Grayson who insisted he drive me home. The two fell into comfortable silence listening to the music that lightly played from the car speakers. still soaked from head to toe from the rainstorm Misty had conjured up and wanted nothing more than to take a bubble bath and go to bed.

" I'm sorry about my dad " Grayson speaks up breaking the silence, as I looked over at him in confusion, he continues. "I heard what he told you, about him and your mom and those stars " he shook his head with a snort " he's just say's weird things sometimes."

"It's okay " I assure him " I actually like your dad he seems sweet; I can see why my mom liked him " I said, causing Grayson shoulders to relax as he smiled.

I began thinking about what he had told me earlier that's been running through my mind.

" What did you mean when you said they abolished witchcraft because people got hurt?" I questioned, Grayson looked over knowing how much she needed answers, like the rest of them when they had found out a few months back about everything and were just as confused.

Grayson let out a heavy breath.
" There was an accident 15 years ago, the people who died were all members of the last coven, our parents " he explained not looking away from the road.

"My father too?"

Glancing over at me he sadly nodded, before looking back to the road "Only I don't think it was an accident, I think something went wrong, and the ones that survived are trying to keep it from us " he added, I knitted my brows together wondering what could have happened why so many secrets? "Look I know this is scary and Insane "Grayson gently spoke" I've been in your shoes; we all have but it is what it is, and we can't ignore it. I believe we can do great things with our power; it doesn't have to be bad, but we have to control it, you saw what happened today with Misty, it was too much power for her to handle we have to do the ritual, we need you Reagan " he ended on a softer note.

Reagan mentally shook her head , she couldn't be a part of this , she believed magic was real she seen it now and felt it in the woods when she was with Grayson , but that didn't mean she wanted to be a part of it "my mom ran away from this life , she didn't want this for me , if she did she would of told me " tears began welling up her eyes , the feeling of betrayal and the lies " why didn't she tell me ?" I sniff, Grayson looked over at the broken girl, feeling sorry for her as she wiped away her tears that had managed to fall.