Chapter 11 - The Obstacle Course

I felt people pushing me, racing to get past the entrance of the first game. I joined the stream of students, my heart pounding, ready to face the obstacles that awaited. The doorway quickly became cramped with students trying to flow through the door. A breeze of cool air swept by me. My feet pushed off the ground and each step felt more and more antagonizing, until I felt like I couldn't move any further. Wait, why can't I move any further? I looked around, and students were stuck in place. My feet felt cold, it didn't take long to realize what had happened. A layer of ice encased our feet, stopping our movement and turning excitement into a frozen standstill, literally.

As the freezing grip of the ice threatened to paralyze the students around me, I acted quickly and activated my quirk. My skin transformed, turning into a fragile yet sturdy glass. The change was instantaneous, feeling both vulnerable and oddly powerful at the same time. My gaze focused on my own hand, and without hesitation, I gripped it firmly and snapped off one of my fingers. Holding the glassy finger, I surveyed the situation. The first obstacle was congested with students, all struggling to break free from the ice.

With a calculated toss, I launched my glass finger over the heads of the fellow contestants, aiming for the far end of the tunnel. It flew gracefully through the air before landing with a delicate clink. Meanwhile, the rest of my glass body shattered into countless pieces, each shard taking flight, racing towards the finger I had thrown. They soared through the air, merging with my finger. The fragments neatly rearranged themselves, creating the unmistakable form of my body, now reunited with its missing digit.

I solidified once more on the other side of the tunnel, fully intact. Glancing back, I saw the amount of students still trapped by the icy layer. The urge to help them flowed through me, but there was no time for hesitation. The clock was ticking, and the challenge was far from over. I rushed forward into the next phase of the obstacle course, my heart pounding with adrenaline. My eyes were targeted onto a form in front of me, Todoroki. Of course it was him! I could hear other students behind me breaking free from the glass. And other students began to show their distaste for him.

"YOU ICY-HOT BASTARD!!!" The furious shout pierced the air as Bakugou flew by, flames erupting from his palms. Mina's agility was impressive as she effortlessly glided atop the ice, her acid creating a frictionless surface for her to slide. Some students struggled to maintain their footing on the ice. With determination in mind, I focused on maintaining momentum, each stride carrying me further as the frozen layer gradually gave way to solid ground. Amidst the chaos, Mineta soared through the air, his trajectory aimed at none other than Todoroki. Mid-flight, he collided with an unforeseen obstacle, disrupting his course entirely. The cause of the interruption soon became glaringly apparent. A small army of massive metal robots, their figures casting shadows over us, stood as a barrier. In the blink of an eye, the course had transitioned from an icy challenge to a mechanical showdown.

In a heartbeat, the situation took a sharp turn

In a heartbeat, the situation took a sharp turn. One of the colossal robots sprang into action, hurling itself towards the cluster of students. With Todoroki taking the lead, his quick reflexes kicked in. In a matter of seconds, he effectively immobilized the robot in its tracks. Without hesitation, he sprinted past the incapacitated machine. Before I could fully process what had happened, everything changed in an instant again. In a domino effect, the robots collapsed, forming an impassable barricade. As if on cue, more robots came on the scene, their sudden appearance triggering cries from the students. The atmosphere was charged with adrenaline as we found ourselves trapped in a predicament.