Chapter 34 - Totally Awesome Best Room Competition

"Given everything that's happened, I'm glad we were able to bring Class A back together." Mr. Aizawa began, his voice slightly less monotone as the students of Class A surrounded him.

We stood in front of the large brick building, my eyes slightly dry from staring for so long. I could hardly contain my excitement as I bounced in place.

"So, we all got the go-ahead to move on campus?" Sero announced with a big toothy smile.

Hagakure sighed, "It took a lot of convincing from my parents."

"We're glad to see the teachers come back too." Tsu's voice rang from the back of the crowd. "I was afraid you wouldn't be allowed. The people at the press conference seemed pretty upset with you guys."

There was a brief silence before Mr. Aizawa spoke, "I was surprised as well. But circumstances have changed. Now then, I'll explain how your dorm assignments will work shortly. First, however, we haven't forgotten about the provisional hero licenses you were supposed to get during the training camp."

Actually, we did completely forget. So much had happened during the training camp that our hero licenses felt so trivial.

"This is important. Listen well." Aizawa's voice boomed with authority, his words echoing in my brain. "Kirishima, Yaoyorozu, Todoroki, Midoriya, and Iida. You five were the ones who broke the rules and went to rescue Bakugou that night."

The class was stunned as silence overtook us. I felt a shiver go down my spine as Mr. Aizawa continued his lecture, "Based on your reactions, I assume the rest of you were at least aware of their plans. I'm going to set aside a number of issues and just say this. If it weren't for All Might's retirement from the hero scene, I would expel everyone here, except Bakugou, Jiro, and Hagakure. The five of you who went, of course, but also the remaining 12 who didn't stop them. You betrayed our trust. Even if it was to protect your friends from getting in trouble. In order to regain our confidence, you'll need to obey every rule to the letter and live as model students. That's all. Now, look alive. Enjoy your new home."

We're supposed to be excited after that speech?! We stood in silence, no one daring to utter a word. No one, except Bakugou.

"Tch. Come here." He spoke, grabbing Denki's sleeve and pulling him behind a dense shrub.

"Huh? Wait why?!" Denki's panicked voice echoed as he was dragged away. The rest of the class turned to watch as bolts of yellow lightning flickered from behind the foliage. A dumb-looking Denki appeared from behind the bush. As he walked towards us, I couldn't help but turn to Jiro and laugh. My gaze shifted to Bakugou, who was now handing Kirishima a stack of cash.

"Woah did you shake him down for cash?!" Kirishima exclaimed, baffled.

"No! This is my money, you idiot. To replace what you spent." Bakugou retorted, pressing the money into his friend's chest before walking off toward the dormitories. "Don't say I never gave you anything. Now I'm not in your debt. Kaminari, show 'em your dumb side!"

I looked back at Denki, his expression enough to set off another round of laughter.

Students slowly filtered inside until everyone gathered on the first floor. A spacious common area greeted us, with my gaze wandering from the large dining area to an array of couches in the living room. Potted plants and pictures adorned the walls, leaving no space untouched.

"Each student dormitory holds one class. Girls are on the right and boys are on the left. The entire first floor is a common area. That's where you'll find the kitchen, baths, and laundry room." Mr. Aizawa explained as students roamed about the common room.