Chapter 35 - I Love You

The persistent knocking on the door jolted me from my sleep, the sound echoing loudly through the room. I squinted against the bright sunlight streaming through the curtains, struggling to awaken fully. Rolling over, I buried my face in the pillow, hoping the noise would stop.

After a brief pause, the knocking resumed, more insistent this time. "What?" I groaned, my voice muffled by the blankets as I pulled them tighter around me.

The door creaked open, and Denki's familiar voice filled the room. "Well, good morning to you too," he said teasingly.

I peeked out from beneath the covers, my eyes still heavy with sleep. "What do you want?" I asked, my voice tinged with annoyance at being woken up so early in the morning.

"I was going to ask if you wanted to grab breakfast together, buuut it looks like you're still sleeping."

As he turned to leave, I quickly sat up in bed, my exhaustion fading at the mention of food. "Wait," I called out, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. "Are you paying?"

Denki turned back with a playful smile. "Obviously."

I couldn't help but chuckle at his response, feeling a bit more awake now. "Alright then, let me just get ready," I said, pushing the blankets aside and swinging my legs over the edge of the bed.

"Great! I'll meet you downstairs in fifteen minutes," Denki said, his smile widening and already stepping out of the room.

I quickly threw on a simple outfit, a plain white t-shirt with some blue jeans and a comfy green jacket layered on top. After giving my hair a quick brush, I grabbed a small bag and headed downstairs.

Many students from class 1-A had already settled into the common area, chatting and sitting on the sofas. Spotting Denki near the entrance, I made my way over to him, greeted by his bright smile. As he opened the door, ready for our outing, a voice interrupted us from behind.

"Where are you two going?" Mina questioned, prompting us to turn around.

Mina, Sero, Bakugo, and Kirishima stood there, watching us from the doorway.

Denki took a step outside, "We're heading out to grab something to eat."

"And where's our invite?" Bakugo smirked, his voice gruff.

Sero chimed in with a mischievous grin, "Yeah, now that you mention it, I am kinda hungry."

"Guys c'mon!" Kirishima shook his head in disapproval, "Let them have fun on their date."

I felt my cheeks flush at Kirishima's words, but before I could respond, Denki chuckled. "It's not a date, just breakfast. But if you're all that hungry, you can come I guess. My treat."

Mina's eyes lit up. "Free food? Count me in!"

Bakugo rolled his eyes but smirked. "Alright, but only 'cause you're paying."

Sero, Bakugo, and Mina pushed past us, making their way out of the dorm building and towards the sidewalk. Suddenly, a hand grabbed onto my wrist, and I found myself being pulled along behind Mina.

"I'm so hungry!" She exclaimed before lowering her voice. "I'm honestly surprised Denki let us come. I thought he was gonna- OW!"

Sero nudged his elbow into Mina's side, cutting her off before she could finish her sentence. Bakugo, Mina, Sero, and I continued to walk down the sidewalk. Glancing back, I spotted Kirishima and Denki trailing slightly behind us, engaged in conversation. What're they talking about?

Denki's POV

Y/n and I stood in the doorway of the dorm building, my heart pounding nervously in my chest. I could feel the sweat on my hands as I pushed the door open, allowing her to step out first. I quickly rubbed my hands on my pants, trying to dry them before anyone would notice.