Chapter 24 - We're not Dating

The rest of the weekend went by uneventfully, aside from the constant barrage of messages I got from Yoaoyorozu, Jiro, and especially Mina. All of them eager to hear about the details of my date with Denki. I sat in the living room, already dressed in my school uniform, and waiting for the clock to hit 8 AM so I could start my morning commute. As I impatiently waited for the clock to hit 8 AM, my gaze wandered toward the window. Sunlight beamed through the glass, a warm glow lit up the room. In the corner of my eyes was a familiar bright yellow head of hair, practically glowing in the morning sun. I quickly grabbed my bag, slung it over my shoulder, and hurried out of the house.

My heart was practically beating out of my chest as I saw him standing by the sidewalk, waiting for me. I quickly made my way outside, pulling the door closed behind me. Denki turned in my direction, his face lighting up when he saw me approaching.

The fresh morning air greeted me as I stepped onto the sidewalk. Denki noticed me approaching, and a bright smile spread across his face. "Hey, Y/n!" he called out, his voice filled with enthusiasm.

"Morning!" he greeted, his smile infectious.

"Good morning." I replied, trying to hide my excitement.

We walked together towards UA High, the early morning breeze gently rustling the leaves in the nearby trees. Denki glanced over at me, his bright yellow hair catching the sunlight.

"So, how's your weekend been? I'm guessing Mina's been bugging you all weekend?"

I stared at him, kind of surprised as to how he knew, "Yeah she has been, but how'd you know?"

He chuckled at my response, "She's been texting me non-stop. I kinda figured she would be bothering you too."

I nodded in response, "Well, aside from that, my weekend was good. Quiet, for the most part, but not bad. How about yours?"

Denki smiled, his yellow eyes full of enthusiasm. "Mine was great, especially because of our date. I hung out with Bakugo and Kirishima. And you know how those two are, always up for some hero training or just goofing off."

I chuckled, picturing the energetic trio. "Sounds like a lot of fun. Those two sure know how to keep things interesting."

Denki nodded with enthusiasm. "Oh, they definitely do. But, to be honest, " He paused, his hand gently reaching for mine, fingers interlacing. His eyes locked onto mine, his expression sheepish. "I was just looking forward to the weekend ending so I could see you."

A warm flush spread across my cheeks as Denki's words hung in the air between us. His hand in mine seemed to send a gentle current of electricity up my arm, making my heart skip a beat. We continued our walk, hand in hand, a comfortable silence enveloping us. The bustling streets were slowly filling with students, all making their way to UA High. The morning sun cast a warm glow on everything it touched, creating a calm atmosphere. As we approached the gates of UA High, Denki gently squeezed my hand and we reluctantly let go of each other's hands as we joined the flow of students entering the school.

Denki and I entered our homeroom classroom to find that only Iida, Kirishima, and Bakugou were already there. Iida was sitting at his desk, engrossed in a thick textbook. While Kirishima and Bakugou stood by their desks. Kiri was enthusiastically talking to Bakugou about their weekend training session, and Bakugou was, as usual, looking completely disinterested in the conversation.

Denki gave a friendly wave to Kirishima, who immediately noticed us and smiled widely. "Hey, Denki! Y/n! Good morning!"

"Morning, Kirishima!" I greeted him with a smile.