58

Chapter 58
Lilian POV
"Nate?" I called to be sure I wasn't hallucinating, and the shocked expression written on his face showed that I wasn't really hallucinating. Nate was standing in front of me. The person I'd been dying to see for months was standing right in front of me.
He quickly helped me up to my feet, and I pulled him into my arms, hugging him tightly as if he would run away from me again if I was easy on him. Tears brimmed in my eyes and soon found their way out, and he patted my back.
After the hug, we finally went to sit on the bench at the side of the road to talk.
"It has been a while. How have you been?" He asked me, and I sighed briefly. I haven't been fine since he left, it felt like a part of me left me all this while, and seeing him now made me so excited that I wanted to hug him over and over again until I smelt like him.
"Why didn't you say goodbye to me? Did I tell you the thing I wanted was your money? You could've at least said bye to me, right?" Thinking about the memories now, I couldn't help the tears that streamed down my cheeks at the thought of how miserable I felt when he left. How I waited all day for his text or call but never got it, how it made me feel stupid and rejected.
"I'm sorry that had to happen. I was guilty... I had no idea how I was going to break the news of my leaving to you. You were already through a lot because of your dad's sickness, and it was going to be unfair of me to tell you at that time..."
"But still, I would've appreciated it if you had told me about it. It wouldn't have hurt so much if you had told me about it," I glanced at him, and he smiled.
"Did you miss me that much?" His smile was one thing I'd missed so much, and seeing him smiling at me now was everything I needed at the moment. I had no idea how much I'd missed him up until a few minutes ago. I had no idea how I'd have longed to see him, not until he showed up in front of me moments ago.
"How could you even ask that? I've missed you so much that I thought I was going to die," I pouted my lips, and he scoffed as a smile laced his lips.
"I'm sorry for keeping you waiting for long... I'm sorry for leaving without saying goodbye. I'm sorry for everything, Lilian," He apologized to me, but that didn't matter to me anymore. What mattered was the fact that he was back and sitting right beside me now.
"You are not forgiven," I rolled my eyes at him, and he smiled.
"What should I do to earn your forgiveness?" He came to squat in front of me, cupping my cheeks in his palms and staring into my eyes with affection.
"Ugh! You are so annoying," I yanked his hands off me nervously. My heart was already hammering hard against my chest, and my breath was misbehaving. His touch was having an effect on me and I couldn't resist the weird feelings that accompanied it.
"You've lost pretty much weight. Have you been eating well?" He arched his eyebrows curiously, as he held my shoulders gently, and I slowly nodded my head shyly.
"Yes, I am. I've been working out for months to achieve this. How do I look? Do I look good?" I asked him desperately, searching his face for an answer. I was praying and hoping he'd say something nice about my weight now.
"Did someone bully you again while I was away? Did someone push you to lose weight?" The concern in his eyes as he stared at me made me have goosebumps. He really cared so much about me.
"Tell me, did someone force you to lose weight?" He asked me as he cupped my cheek in his palm again, but I slowly shook my head.
"Nobody did. I wanted to lose it for myself and the sake of my health. Why? Are you disappointed? Do I look different with this appearance now?" I asked, a bit sad that he would be disappointed.
"Not really. I was just worried someone pushed you to do it. You look pretty... You will always look pretty regardless of your weight," His words made my cheeks burn and I blushed hard.
"Are you that worried about me? Do you care that much for me?" I was forced to ask him the dumb question I shouldn't have even thought of.
"Hmm. I was," he replied to me, stroking my hair with a smile lingering on his face.
"Did you miss me?" I asked him, and he scoffed.
"How could you ask me that? I have missed you so much... There wasn't any second that passed which I never thought of you. I missed your cute face, your cute smile. I missed everything about you," His words made me blush and my heart fluttered. No one has ever made me feel so special with words before.
"Look at you, getting all cheesy," He teased me as he pinched my cheek, and I quickly covered my face with my palms shyly.
"You are making me feel embarrassed," I mumbled, and I heard him chuckle.
"I'm sorry. You look cute that I can't help but tease you," I raised my gaze to find him already seated beside me and staring into space.
"Are you living around here?" I asked him, and he nodded his head.
"Yes. It's just a few blocks from here. How is your Dad's health now? Is he getting better?" He asked me, and I sighed briefly.
"I can't say that. Although the doctor said he will be fine, I haven't seen any sign of that yet, so I'm still worried about him. He is still unconscious," I explained to him, and he sighed briefly.
"He is going to be fine," He assured me as he has always done, and I nodded my head.
"Hmm. I pray so. So, how have you been? What have you been doing after you left?" I asked him, curious to know what he has been up to all these months.
"Managing my family business now as the new CEO. It's tiring having to stay in the office all day, but what can I do?" He shrugged, and I nodded my head.
"Thank you for everything. Thank you for being there for me when I didn't have anyone," I said to him after a long silence, and he nodded his head.
We talked about random things and I gave him the address of the hospital since he asked for it, before I finally headed back to the hotel where I was living. I was so excited that I couldn't stop smiling even on my way to the hospital after I had my bath at the hotel. I soon got to the hospital and went to see the doctor since he asked me to come see him earlier...