Chapter 1: The Hidden Heir

"Are you serious?" Harry cried, breaking the silence of the room where the Order of the Phoenix had gathered.

With a twinkle in his eye, Dumbledore chuckled. "No, my dear boy, I am not 'Sirius'. If you are looking for him, I believe he is situated to your right.".

This fact was quite true. Teeming numbers of witches and wizards were cramped into a long, rectangular room off of the kitchen in 12 Grimmauld Place. Harry sat at a long, wooden dining table in the center of the room. To his right, was indeed, Sirius, his godfather. Hermione and Ron were off to his left, and Fred and George next to Sirius. Scattered around the room, the rest of the adult wizards and witches sat on the floor, in a chair, or leaned against the wall. In Tonk's case, she had shrunken herself slightly so that she could sit on the table without tilting it over. The room had never been this crowded before, as Mrs. Weasley disapproved of young "children" such as Harry and his friends participating in an order meeting. This time, however, was different; Dumbledore had overruled Mrs. Weasley. A sign that the subject was very grim indeed.

"What Harry meant, I'm sure, is that there must have been some kind of mistake," Mr. Weasley put in kindly as his eyes flickered to Dumbledore, who was seated calmly across from Harry. Half amused, half sullen, Dumbledore shook his head slowly.

"I'm afraid not, my friends. What I have found is no mistake. Around 50 years ago, Voldemort had an affair with a witch named Sage Attwater. The poor girl soon learned she was pregnant, or at least, that is our theory. Not knowing what else to do, she fled to New York, New York in America, where she changed her name to Jackson and gave birth to a healthy baby girl named Sally.

"Skipping forward a few years, Sally grew up with no evidence of her being a wizard. Her family had gone completely off the grid, so she was not sent a letter to Hogwarts. When she was a grown adult, Sally fell in love with a sailor. She soon had a son named him Perseus Jackson, more commonly known as Percy. Soon after Percy's birth, the sailor was pronounced lost at sea. He was never part of their lives again.

"Unlike his mother, Percy led a childhood riddled with evidence of wizarding potential." At this, the room stiffened. "He is now 16, a year older than Harry, Ron, and Hermione. So close to his coming of age, Percy is in danger of being targeted by Lord Voldemort to play a major role in the recruitment of his followers. It has come to our attention that Voldemort is not aware of his grandson or daughter's existence, which is perfect for the situation right now. To ensure that this remains the case, we will bring the boy and his family here to be watched closely, and when summer comes to an end, he will be enrolled at Hogwarts.

"When this happens, I am trusting all of you still at school to keep an eye on him. It is crucial that he never meets his grandfather. He will be enrolled into 5th year because he needs to take the O.W.L's before he can continue his academic career."

Harry growled and dug his hand into the armchair, his knuckles turning white. He had managed to cut his unruly mop of black hair slightly, but altogether his appearance was still the same. "What's the point?" He snarled. "Chances are that he's as bad as his grandad."

Ron nodded in agreement, his face contorted in a scowl. All around the room, the wizards and witches had expressions of shock, anger, and disbelief written clearly on their faces.

Lupin shot a pointed look at Harry. "It does no good," he said, "to judge someone you have never met.". Dumbledore nodded.

"Well put Remus."

Hermione frowned. "Why would he be such a target for Voldemort if his mother wasn't?"

"Voldemort would never turn to a squib for help," Sirius said, "he would consider it a weak and cowardly move. Now that he has an heir that can produce magic... he is free to recruit him whenever."

"Who's going to collect him?" asked Mrs. Weasley.

Dumbledore smiled. "Harry, Ron, and Hermione will come with me, since they will be the ones in the same year as him and will need to interact with him the most. Sirius will come as well, because we all know that some fresh air in a place where people don't cringe at his name would do him good. Remus will be the last of the party, besides myself, because he knows how to lead a civilized conversation free of... unkind words."

Mrs. Weasley paled considerably. "But they're just children, Harry, Ron, and Hermione. If You-Know-Who's grandson is as bad as him then-"

"-They will benefit from the experience and learn how to cope with evil intentions and malicious actions." Dumbledore cut in smoothly. Mrs. Weasley gaped at him. She looked to her husband pleadingly, but when she saw him nodding at Dumbledore, she got up loudly from her chair and left the room, seemingly banging the walls as she did so.

"Uh oh," Fred muttered. George nodded knowingly at his twin. "Mum's in a rage again."

Dumbledore cleared his throat. "I believe that's settled. If you were part of the selected group, please meet here tomorrow at 9:00 PM sharp."

And with that, the meeting was adjourned.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione slowly walked up the stairs, their minds racing a hundred miles an hour.

"Why would Dumbledore gather us at 9:00 PM? Wouldn't everyone in New York be getting ready for bed?" Ron asked, his mouth still quirked down in a scowl.

Hermione rolled her eyes. "No Ronald, they would not be anywhere near getting ready for bed. Different places of the world have different time zones. We are 5 hours ahead of New York, which is where the boy lives."

"Oh, right."

Harry finally spoke up. "It doesn't matter, does it? There's no way that anyone with a grandfather like that isn't evil."

Hermione pursed her lips. "It does seem hard to believe that he's completely good," she finally admitted. "but you can't just go around pinning a personality to him when you've hardly met him. For all we know, he really could be nice."

"It doesn't matter! I know he's evil!"

"Harry, please-"

"HIS GRANDFATHER KILLED MY PARENTS HERMIONE!" Harry roared.

Hermione quivered on the spot, which made Harry feel slightly bad, but he was too worked up about it to do anything.

Breathing heavily, he turned to Ron. "Who do you believe mate?"

Ron flicked his eyes around the room nervously. "I dunno... I mean, it's most likely that he is evil, but, I mean, we hardly know him."

Harry growled and made his way up the stairs, slamming the bedroom door shut as he entered it. It was moments like this that Harry wished he wasn't bunking with Ron.

"Harry?"

"What Ron?"

He didn't have to see Ron to know he was shifting around on his feet awkwardly. "Could you unlock the door so I can sleep?"

Harry sighed and got up. "Fine," he muttered as he unlocked the door.

"Thanks mate."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hi! So, I was contemplating whether or not I should update this new book or not, and I decided that I had too many books so I compromised. I got rid of all the old ones but 1, and I'm updating this book. No more new books till one is done, promise.

Anyways, I really hope you enjoyed this because this was sooo hard to write. I deleted this draft sooo many times, and the cover was hard to do too.

Dreamer-girl101 (aka, Fi) out✌️