Chapter 2: Attack of the Old Ladies

Harry's nightmare started out like this:

It was cold and windy. The moon shone above an ocean. Even though the sky was completely clear, there were no stars in sight. Harry stood on a long, sandy beach, a huge strawberry farm off to his right.

It could have been a dream, except for the hissing.

"Where in the world... my grandson," warbled a high, clear voice that echoed everywhere. Without having to see the speaker to confirm it, Harry knew that it is was Voldemort.

"Patience, Tom." hissed another, one Harry had never heard before. "Percy Jackson has already defied me before, you would not-" the speaker froze. "Foolish mortal! We have caught the attention of one from your world."

"But of course," replied Voldemort, "I have lured him here with the help of Hypnos. He will need this vision to do what we... want.

"Come, Harry Potter! And meet your doom!"

There was a blinding flash of light, and high pitched laughter as Harry sunk to the ground and collapsed.

"Harry!" Harry heard someone shout as he screamed and fell from his bed, pain laced through his body. Ron scrambled out of bed to help him sit up. "You all right mate?"

Harry didn't reply. Instead he leaned against his bed and breathed heavily. "I dunno. I... I can't-" he finally said, before the door burst open and Hermione and the rest of the Weasley's tumbled into the room.

"What happened dear?" Mrs. Weasley said breathlessly, holding a hand to her chest as she breathed heavily.

"We heard screaming," Ginny added, who seemed quite embarrassed to be caught in the boy's room when Harry was only dressed in pajama pants.

"Mate, don't scare us like that!" Fred and George shouted simultaneously.

"Just tell us what happened Harry," Mrs. Weasley interrupted again, sending a death glare to her husband, who had just opened his mouth to speak.

Harry shook his head, blushing. "Just a dream."

Hermione looked at him skeptically, but the rest of the Weasley's nodded. "All right then, try to get some more sleep," said Mr. Weasley, heading back out the door. The rest of his family followed suit.

" 'Mione, you coming?" Asked Ginny, turning back to look at Hermione, who had stayed behind. Hermione shook her head.

"I'll be right there."

As soon as the door closed, Hermione turned to Harry, her eyes narrowed. "Now tell us what really happened."

____________

Silence stretched over the room where Hermione, Ron, and Harry were gathered after Harry told his friends about his nightmarish vision.

Hermione got up and smacked him on the head.

"Ow! What was that for?" Harry yelped, before Hermione clamped a hand around his mouth so he wouldn't wake everyone else.

"For being a dimwit."

"How was he being a dimwit?" Ron said, throwing his hands in the air. Harry nodded, grimacing as he rubbed the bump forming on the top of his head.

"Harry... look. As much as we know that you aren't insane.... even in the wizarding world, it's not normal for people to have dream-visions like that."

"So you're calling me insane now? How was I even being a dimwit earlier?" Harry hissed, his eyes narrowed. Hermione twisted her hair anxiously.

"I'm not calling you insane. I'm just saying that, well, everybody else would think you were crazy if you told them what you saw. As for being a dimwit... there's really no time to discuss that. The point is, Hypnos is from some sort of ancient mythology. If this wasn't a dream and was actually a vision, then that would mean that You-Know-Who had allied with some sort of monster or god. And gods... The one good thing about You-Know-Who is that he's not immortal. Gods are. If he somehow managed to ally with these gods, which should be impossible, because mythological beings like gods shouldn't be real, our situation would be much, much worse."