Chapter 7: Stalker 101

Harry POV

Americans were weird. But then again, maybe that was because the only ones Harry ever met were two traumatic teenagers, an overly enthusiastic woman, and a man who seemed to fade into the background next to his eccentric companions.

But whatever Harry's first impression of the American's was, this was a whole new level of strange.

Percy had collapsed on the floor, tears streaming down his face as he recoiled in pain, his arms and legs swinging wildly as if he was trying to protect himself. His lips were bleeding, like he was trying to stop himself but didn't quite know how. He kept screaming illegible words, and Ron jumped in surprise from where he stood next to Percy.

Somehow, Annabeth was scarier. Who was Harry kidding? When she was totally in control of herself, she was scary. When she wasn't is a whole new level of terrifying in itself. She wasn't thrashing around like Percy, but was instead slumped on a couch, her usually alert grey eyes glazed over as tears streamed down her face. Her hands grabbed her hair in fistfuls around her face as she whispered lost words to herself.

The both of them were shaking, and Harry had no idea what to do.

Sure, he knew how to fight dragons. Fly a broomstick. Kill a basilisk. Drive a flying car. But how to deal with two traumatic teenagers? Forget about it.

Ron and Hermione seemed to be in the same predicament, but Sirius, Lupin, and Dumbledore looked like they knew all too well what they had to do.

"Why can't we do something?" Harry heard Sirius hiss to Dumbledore.

"This is not our business," the man in question mumbled back, never letting his gaze drop from the American's.

Sally and Paul seemed to know exactly what to do. Rushing over to Annabeth, Sally moved her down from her position on the couch so that she was on the floor, presumably so she wouldn't fall off of the couch and hurt herself. Next, Paul bent down besides Percy and grabbed his hand, guiding it to Annabeth's. Immediately the two of them relaxed, as if they could sense the other's presence.

"Is there a spell we can use to get the two of them upstairs? We-" Sally started, but was interrupted by the sound of heavy foot steps. She blinked, surprised.

Harry snapped his head up, relieved to find it was only the Weasley's barging into the room.

"Is everything alright?" Mrs. Weasley fretted. "We heard screaming."

Sally and Paul just looked confused.

"This is Ron's family, Molly Weasley, Arthur Weasley, Ginny, Fred, and George. And as for the Weasley's," Dumbledore explained. "This is Sally, Paul, Percy, and Annabeth. Percy is Voldemort's grandson." The Weasley's nodded, but they seemed distracted.

"Are they alright?" Ginny cried in alarm, evidently spotting Percy and Annabeth. Immediately, Sally's expression softened.

"Of course dear. This is a kind of mental condition they both have. They'll be fine, but we need to get them on a-"

Suddenly, Annabeth screamed and sat straight up, her eyes bloodshot and her hair knotted. She gasped, blinking her eyes as she looked at Percy, who was still trembling on the floor. Annabeth scooted over and rested Percy's head on her lap.

A pang of jealousy hit Harry's stomach like a knife. He found himself longing to have someone who would care for him as much as Annabeth cared for Percy. He had to bite his lip to keep from laughing bitterly. Even Evil's Heir had had more experiences with love than Harry, and it was bothering The Boy Who Lived.

Percy screamed again, and Annabeth lifted his head to hers. She began whispering things to him shakily. One bye one, Percy's screams died down to a yell, and his yell died down to a whisper. Soon, he was lying on the ground quietly, tears streaming down his face.

An exhausting hour later Percy sat up, his tired eyes flickering around the room. Again, Annabeth whispered something to Percy and he nodded. Annabeth looked up at Sirius. "Pardon my manners," she said in a barely audible whisper. "But do you have any room in which we can just be alone in?"

Sirius faltered slightly. "Of course. Follow me please." And with that, Percy and Annabeth stood up, seemingly supporting each other, as they followed the animagus out of the room.

Fred and George cleared their throats awkwardly. "Well, we'll be in our room if you need us."

"We should probably go upstairs too," Harry added, gesturing to Ron and Hermione. "You know, get some rest."

Mrs. Weasley looked relieved. "Yes, why don't you? Ginny, go with them as well. We should probably explain everything to Sally and Paul, er, adult to adult."

Harry nodded, following his friends as they trudged up the stairs. As soon as they were out of earshot, he whirled around.

"We have to use the expendable ears to listen in on Annabeth and Percy."

Ginny bit her lip. "Harry, that's not right. We can't just invade their privacy."

"That's never stopped you before."

"This is different, alright? These people are broken, and they need to feel a sense of security."

Harry huffed, turning to Ron and Hermione. "And I suppose you two will taker her side?" He paused, waiting for his best friends to say something. When they didn't his stomach sank in disappointment. "Fine," he spat. "I'll do it myself. And remember this conversation when I find out that Jackson and Annabeth are plotting against us."

And with that, Harry stormed into Fred and George's room, where he grabbed the magic ears and marched off in the direction of Percy and Annabeth's room.

_________

Harry found that camping out in front of a bedroom door with magical ears was extremely uncomfortable. But maybe that was just him.

It had not taken long to get the expendable ears from Fred and George. Neither had attaching the ears to Percy and Annabeth's door without them knowing. It was when Harry found himself waiting did he notice that he was beginning to get impatient.

Who was he kidding? A little voice in his mind said. They probably weren't evil at all. But there was still the bigger, darker part that kept whispering: How can you believe these people? They have relations to Voldemort, the worst wizard of all time. Even if they aren't related, they are very close to Voldemort's grandson.

And so Harry pushed on.

It was maybe an hour later that he actually heard something interesting. He had heard bits and pieces of conversations before, but nothing that made sense. Harry repeatedly heard the word "hellhound" and "demigod", but he assumed it was gibberish, or an inside joke.

He was about to give up when Percy sighed.

"You know they can't find out about us, right?"

Annabeth laughed quietly, her voice still hoarse from crying. "It doesn't take a genius to figure that out Seaweed Brain."

"I'm just saying," Percy said defensively.

The room got quiet for a minute, before Percy spoke again.

"We have to tell Chiron about this."

"I know."

•••••••••••••

Omg, you guys! Thank you so much for over a thousand reads and more than a hundred likes! That means sooo much to me, I can't even tell you.

And as I sit here in the car, trying not to cry (yeah... I'm a sap), I hope u enjoy this chappie and vote, comment, whatever.

Luv ya guys!

-CB🍒