Chapter 6: Magical Transportation Exposed

Percy POV

In the instant that Percy was given the name to the place that he would be staying, he came to the conclusion that a) either wizards have a sick sense of humor, b) have the worst naming abilities in the world, or c) all of the above. Percy was wondering what the naming process of newborn babies was ("What about it Harold? Should we name our child Abracadabra?") when Dumbledore interrupted his thoughts.

"Now then," the elderly wizard said, collecting the pieces of paper. "Since we know our destination now, I will be explaining how we will get there. Wizards have a special way of traveling, called apparation. This allows us to simply think of a destination and show up where we want. Each of the children will pair up with an adult, as will Sally and Paul. Then all they should do is think of the place they would want to show up, which was written on the paper. This should take you where you want to go."

Percy nodded along with everybody else. He caught Annabeth's eye, and she nodded and smiled at him in reassurance, although her brow was furrowed in worry and her hand was twisting around her necklace from Camp Half Blood. A nervous habit she had picked up.

"Good! Now, Harry and Percy with me, Annabeth and Hermioe with Remus, and Ron, Paul, and Sally with Sirius. Hold hands with your designated apparator, and don't stop maintaining contact. Ready?"

Everyone scrambled to their assigned groups. As soon as Dumbledore ensured that everyone was accounted for, he clasped his hands together. "On my count. 1...2...3!"

As soon as the number three left Dumbledore's mouth, a loud crackling sound filled the air as the adult Wizards concentrated. Percy watched as his apartment building twisted into a distorted tower, like a reflection of a fun house mirror. And then, the building faded away.

______

For some reason, Percy had thought that apparation was supposed to be cool. Magical Transportation? Awesome! Of course, it was the complete opposite.

Percy's stomach felt like it had moved into his mouth, and his chest constricted painfully. He got a weird tugging sensation in his guy, not unlike the one he got when he was using water with his will, but extremely painful.

And then, it stopped. In it's place, was a rush of air, and everyone appeared on a concrete sidewalk. Percy rolled over, his arms tucked around his stomach as he groaned and kneeled down, Annabeth in the same position. The wizards had all landed on their feet, although the younger ones looked slightly sick. Sally and Paul were vomiting mercilessly into a flower bed, and Percy grit his teeth as he tried to block out the noises of emptying stomachs.

Sirius walked over to Annabeth and Percy, amused. "You know, most people barf the first time they apparate."

Percy smiled wryly. "After all we've been through, that was nothing."

"What?"

"What he means," Annabeth lied, glaring at her boyfriend. "Is that he, uh, had a really serious illness a couple years back. He likes to brag that he overcame it. I spent too much time with him when he was sick, so I caught the same thing."

Sirius looked at the couple in confusion. "Ah."

Annabeth shot Percy a look that clearly read, "What are you doing? You almost exposed our ancestry to Sirius!"

Percy grimaced, staring at the row of buildings in front of him. Apartment 11... Apartment 13... Wait, what?

Percy turned to Sirius, his brows furrowed. "What the heck," he said, jabbing a finger at the spot where No. 12 Grimmauld Place should be. "Is going on with the apartment numbers? There is no such thing as apartment building 12."

Sirius smirked, placing a hand on Percy's shoulder and spinning him around again. "Yes, there is."

"No, Percy's right," Annabeth called from Percy's side. "There is no number 12." She narrowed her eyes. "Was this whole thing a trick?"

"What? No, of course not! Just keep looking."

"There's nothing-" Percy began to say, but at that exact moment, building 11 and 13 moved away from each other, and another one seemingly popped into existence where the two used to join together.

"But," Annabeth sputtered, leaving Percy to truly grasp the craziness of the situation. There are not many things in the world that can render a demigod speechless, much less a daughter of Athena. "That should be impossible! How-"

"Magicians never reveal their secrets," Sirius replied smugly.

"You know, it was funnier when I was the one saying that," Annabeth grumbled, grabbing her duffle bag and pulling Percy along with her to the apartment door. "There's no spell around the door, is there?"

"Apart from the fact that the whole house disappears, then no, no there isn't."

"Good."

"Hey you guys!" Harry called over to them, helping Sally and Paul up. "Are we going to go in or what? Your parents would feel better inside."

Percy smiled at the scrawny, raven haired kid, but all he did was scowl in reply. "Jeez," Percy muttered. "What'd I ever do to you?"

"Let's go in," Annabeth stated, turning the doorknob. She looked kind of surprised when it opened. "You guys cloak your houses with an invisibility spell but you don't lock the door?"

Remus shrugged. "What's the point if no one's going to be able to see it?"

Annabeth tilted her head, making her way into the apartment with Percy behind her.

Immediately, Percy saw why the place was called Grimmauld.

The walls were a moody black, seemingly even darker because of the sparse lighting in the room. Weird objects were lying around the house. A shriveled hand. Some teeth. An extremely suspicious bottle filled with what looked like blood.

Percy whistled. "Nico's kind of place."

"Nico?" Dumbledore inquired, raising his eyebrows.

"A cousin of mine," Percy answered briefly.

"Home sweet, depressing home," Sirius chimed in glumly. "Really, my parents should get an interior design award for this."

Annabeth blinked owlishly. "Your parents?"

"This is my place," Sirius stated bluntly.

Behind the wizards and demigods, Sally and Paul groaned. "Pardon my manners," Sally said, her face green. "But do you have anywhere we can sit?"

"Of course!" Dumbledore cried. "Follow me!"

He led them off to a room with a small couch and some seats, a fireplace lining the wall. Above the fireplace were heads.

Annabeth screamed, no doubt remembering when Percy decapitated Arachne. Percy paled, his hands shaking. Together, they hurried over to the sofa where they promptly collapsed.

"Er," Sirius began in embarrassment. "My parents were... rather strange, to say the least."

"You think?" Ron muttered in the background, but Percy didn't hear him. It was like he was drowning in a bathtub, his hearing muffled and unattached to his physical self. Beside him, Annabeth was sobbing, tears streaming down her face. Percy wanted to do something, but he couldn't make himself move. He heard a scream in the distance, before realizing it was him. Toppling out of the chair, Percy convulsed, trying to stop himself but failing miserably.

He watched in horror as his vision faded black.

Another flashback.

•••••••••••••••

Hi my demiwizards!

Sorry for the late update.... writers block can be super annoying.

Anyway, I am fully aware that this chappie is the worst out of all of them, but I hope you enjoy nonetheless!

Comment!

Vote!

Follow!

-CB🍒