II

At the restaurant:
5:13 PM:

I sat down next to Rio and dad at the table, feeling exhausted; I miss my bed. I'm still thinking about Kai, I feel like I owe him an apology.

Emiel: How many weeks?

Rio: One or two months.

Emiel: Hey that's nice! Now I need to make a bigger list of things we need to do before you go!

The waiter comes and we all order before he leaves.

Rio: So, Tobi, did you get better at volleyball now?

Tobi: Yeah, yesterday, at practice, I blocked the ball with one hand!

Rio claps at Tobi and I look over to my parents. My phone rings and vibrates in my pocket.

Mom: Are you okay, Mika?

Me: Oh uh... Yeah I'm fine. Excuse me for a second.

I get up, walk away and head inside the car. I pick up my phone and it's a group call with Astrid and Navya.

Astrid: I was thinking about having my birthday party tomorrow at that fun haven that just opened.

Navya: Great idea! Will you also invite your friends outside of school?

Astrid: You know me. Are you all in?

Me: Yes!

Navya: Definitely!

Astrid: You guys can each invite a friend if you'd like!

Navya: Okay! I'll invite Katia.

Katia? The girl Kai said was flirting with Miguel?

Me: Oh uh... I guess I'll invite Chris.

Astrid: Cool cool, see you guys tomorrow!

Me: See ya!

Navya: Bye!

We all hang up and I call Chris. He answers me.

Chris: Hey, what's up?

Me: Would you like to come with me to Astrid's party tomorrow? It's at fun haven.

Chris: No, I have judo tomorrow.

Me: Aw shit...

Chris: Maybe you can ask Miguel.

Me: No, his other flirt is going to be there!

Chris: Oh really? Then bring Kai with you.

Me: No- we got into a fight earlier.

Chris: So? This could be your chance to apologize.

Me: That's true... But- Okay fine, you know what? I'll just take Miguel.

Chris: Alright, good night, Mika.

Me: Good night, Chris.

I hang up and send a text to Miguel.

*Over text*

Me: Heyyy! Would you like to come to Astrid's birthday party with me at fun haven tomorrow?

*End of conversation*

I send it and exit the car. I close the door and feel hands grab my arms by behind. Immediately, I bent over and flipped the masked man over. It looked like a tragedy mask. I ran inside the restaurant and left the man passed out.

Calling the police didn't cross my mind as you can see. Like, don't you think he or she is after me? Either way, I sat back down at the table next to my father and older sister. My crab was already at the table and so were everyone's orders.