Chapter 6

Khao:

My eyes follow every step he takes. Even his casual walk has something to it. Watching First is addicting. I'm so focused on him I almost forget what I wanted to say. But the way the wind hits his face, hair slightly blown back and the smile on his face. And the moment of realisation that Life follows him.

"What's the next step?" he asks, bringing me back to reality. A smile arouses on my face "Flying"

"Flying?"

"Flying."

I change Life's headcollar to a snaffle, while First watches me carefully. "Get up" I say

"But I've never done it before..."

"You have his trust, so you can do" I reassure him. For those thinking, what does trust have to do with the knowledge on rididng: riding is a lot about intuition, it's learning by doing, sitting on the horse and the most will come to you by itself.

I help First on the horse, but I don't let go of Life. I see First settle in postion and help him adjust his weight to the right position. After he is settled, I signal Life to start moving, I don't let go afterall it's his first time. I show him how to hold the reins and watch him slowly getting more confident. "The most important thing is that you're not scared, if you're scared he'll be too" First nodds and we walk a bit more before I let go and let him carry on on his own. I watch and abserve ready to step in if anything should happen, but First is a fast learner and I can see a big smile on his face "It's soo much fun!" he says "The real fun starts when you go fast" I respond

"But I don't believe I'm ready for that" he says. "We can do it together" I say and signal Life to stop. I get up behind him and grab the reins. My heart starts beating fast this is the closest I've ever been to First, I truely hope he can't feel it beating.

"Come on, let's fly" I say into his ear and give Life the commando. First trotting but eventually changing to a gallop. The wind blowing around us the landscape flying by, as we make on round after another, this is what freedom feels like and I can hear First squeal in excitement. I also know how much Life enjoys the fast speed although two people is a bit more exhausting. So eventually I parry Life and we slowly come down from the high. I stop him and get off, then I offer First my hand to help him down. "That was so much fun, it truely felt like flying, I get why you love it so much" I have to be honest I only caught half of this because I got lost in his eyes first.

We bring Life back to his box and I hand First a brush "You can give him a brush, if you want" I say and First happily agrees, while I take care of his hoofs. While I'
m on one of his front hoofs, Life gives me a good push with his head towards First. Our face only a few inches away now I can feel his breath on my face. The thought of kissing him comes to my mind, but it's to early for that isn't it, I don't even know how he feels about me. I can see First subconciusly leaning in to me our lips about to touch, my heart beating like it's about to explode, when suddenly Life interrups us by sticking his head between us. First flinches and I clear my throat.

"I'll take a shower quickly and take you home then or are you hungry? Let's go out to eat first.."

I quickly turn and leave for the bathroom, heart still beating, calm down Khao, calm down I tell myself.

I finish as quickly as possible and return to First "Sorry did I make you wait long?" "No, it's fine, I think Life and I became even better friends now, and he pets him as a goodbye. "You're ready to go?"

"Yes" I lead him to my car and there's a bit of awkward silence on the way to the restaurant.

But fortunatly we've overcome that by the time we reached and First starts chatting non-stop about Life, he is so freaking adoreable. I just watch with a smile on my face seeing all the excitement in his eyes.

"You can come anytime you're free" I say "Really?"

"Yeah, of course" and the smile on his face become even brighter.

...

After diner I drive First home, eventhough he insists he could go on his own.

"You wanna come up for some coffee?" he asks as we arrive "Can I?"

"Sure" I follow him up to his appartment, it's not really big but it's really cozy. "Come on in" he says and gestures towards the sofa, I sit down and watch him make the coffee. "It may not be as good as the one in the cafe but I'd say it's drinkable"

"I'm sure it's great I say" and take a sip, it really is good. "You like it?" he asks "Yeah, it's really nice" I say.

We sit in silence and enjoy the coffee, but it's not an awkward silence. 

"I probably should go" I say after we finished the coffee eventhough I really don't want to go. I just really enjoy spending time with First. We walk to the door.

"Goodbye then, I guess" I say "yeah, goodbye" I turn and start to walk. "Khao?"

I turn and take two big steps towards him and press my lips against his. He sure is startled but back at the stables showed that we felt the same, didn't it? For a moment I#m scared I might have calculated it wrong but then First starts kissing me back.

His hands move around my waist, mine both cupping his face. I kiss him with a lot of emotions, but very carefully, as if scared to break him, I can slowly feel him melting into me and the joy that's overcoming me is nothing I've ever felt before. It just feels right, I dunno if anything ever felt this right. After some time we separate from each other and I see the shy smile on his face, I pull him into a tight hug, which he happily excepts.

"Just so you know, I'm not gonna let you go now" I whisper into his ears. We stay like this for a while before we part "Good night" I say with a smile "Good night" he answers and I turn to leave.