Chapter 4

Izuku's pov

Izuku's pov

I had been concerned about her these last few days, but now I get it. The doctor knows.... I know.... there's something wrong, but I can't tell her that. All I can do is comfort her.

The doctor did have a weird look on his face, and that's a good sign, uh, let's see..... never.

"I can't do this! Did you see the look on his face? There's something wrong." She's says, nervously.

Wow she's really shaking........ Then calm her down, you moron.

"it's fine, nothing's wrong." I reach to try and comfort her, but she pulls away before I can.

"You're just saying that to make me feel better." She says.

Ok, you have no idea when the doctor is coming back. You have to calm her down. Maybe try that number thing.

"Come here." I say, doing the first thing that comes to mind. "Tell me five things you can see." She tries to calm herself, but it's not enough.

"The walls... the lights... t-the mirror...the screen in the corner... and you." She says, quietly.

"Good. Now, four things you can hear." I say, rubbing the back of her hand with my thumb.

Ok, this might work.

"I can't do this!" she says.

No. No, no, no, that not what we want.

"Come on, four things you can hear." I put a hand on her shoulder.

"The AC... th-the clock... the music... and my heart beat." She tries to calm herself.

Didn't work, but at least she's trying.

"Ok, three things you can touch." I make my voice as soft as possible.

Even if this doesn't calm her down, at least it's distracting her.

"The chair... Um........ m-my shoes... and my shirt." She says.

It's hard to hear what she's been saying, but that doesn't matter. That's not the point.

"Two things you can smell." I say.

"Rubbing alcohol? A-and really shitty air freshener." She stutters.

"Deep breath in." I say.

I know when someone is having trouble breathing, you can purposely take deep breaths, and their body naturally mimics you.

"Now, one thing you can taste." I say, quietly.

"My mouth tastes like nothing." She says, defeated, and it kind of breaks my heart.

I ask if she's feeling better even though I know she's not. Not much anyway. And her response proves it.

Well, that didn't do much. Try something else.