Chapter 20

He was acting weird

He was acting weird....

He's probably just tired.

...............

It doesn't feel that way... Something was wrong.

It's probably just him worrying about one for all. It's fine.

I roll over on my back, and stare up at the ceiling chewing on my lip. "...... No it's not."

I'm not gonna get any sleep tonight.... I need to talk to him.

No you don't. You're fine.

Then what do I do?

Don't sleep.

I sigh getting out of bed, and walk to the kitchen. I don't turn on any lights, the apartments structure vivid in my mind. I would make coffee, but I still plan on sleeping some.

So a cup of water it is.

Leaning against the kitchen counter, I can't shut my brain off.

What if he just hates you?

No wha- no. You're not helping.... At all.

I've told you a million times, it's nothing. So drop it.

But. I. Can't.

...................

I can't stop worrying about him.

I hear a click, and my thoughts go quiet. My quirk focuses on the front door, as it opens a small piece of me hopes that Izuku will walk through. But hope is not reality. My mom sets a suitcase in front of her as she pushes the door open wider.

"Mom?" I walk to the edge of the kitchen.

"OH! Honey... you scared me." Mom puts a hand to her chest taking a deep breath. "Why are you in the kitchen with the lights off? It's...." She pauses, pulling out her phone. "It's almost 2:00am"

"I... um... couldn't sleep. And I don't need lights." I shrug. "Why are you guys home?" I walk over to the front door, floating her suitcase to the side, and hug her. "You're not supposed to be home till tomorrow."

"Well we were gonna surprise you in the morning, but.... You know." She chuckles, and my dad appears in the doorway.

"Hey?" He tilts his head. "What are you doing up?" He asks, putting his bags down, and pulling me into a hug.

"I couldn't sleep." I pull away, and shrug. "Just one of those nights." He smiles, and pats my head.

"Well, you gotta go to bed kid. We'll talk tomorrow." Dad smiles, and nudges me off down the hallway. And for some odd reason, I feel like a little kid again.