Chapter 16

I've been sitting on these stairs for about an hour, just messing around with my quirk

I've been sitting on these stairs for about an hour, just messing around with my quirk. I float around rocks, crush random soda cans, and play around in the sand. Part of me feels a little like a child, when I pull a little pebble around, drawing little shapes through the sand.

"Hey." Izuku runs up to me, and my heart flutters.

"Hey." I look up, letting my little rock go idle. "What's up?"

"Sorry, I just kinda left you here." He sits down next to me, and I can't explain the way I feel. It's like a buzz in my bones, I almost can't sit still.

"No. It's kinda nice here. The sun's pretty warm." I say, messing with my jacket, now on the ground next to me.

"Not that you have to or anything, but... you could join me." He bumps my arm with his.

I don't know why the thought of that makes me nervous.

"I mean there's some pretty heavy stuff... if you wanted to test it out. Check your weight limit again?" He shrugs.

I couldddd, but I can't function around you anymore.

"....... Are you trying to mooch off me?" I tilt my head, with a joking smile, trying to quiet my thoughts.

"Whattttt? Noooo." He swipes a hand through the air.

"No, no. I see how it is. You just want me to lighten your load." I scoff, throwing my head up.

He gasps, holding a hand to his chest. "How dare you accuse me of something like that. I would never." He crosses his arms.

We both burst out laughing, and it feels so nice for things to be... normal again. We slowly catch our breath, and Izuku looks back at me. "But honesty though, you don't have to just sit here." He says.

Yeah, I kinda do.... Or I'll do something really stupid.

"I don't want to interfere with your thing." I shake my head.

Thats just an excuse, and you know it.

"You wouldn't be." He shakes his head. "It would honestly be pretty nice having you part of it." He glances away.

"I..... I mean, would All Might be ok with it?" I ask, grasping at straws.

"Yeah." He looks over to me. "He was the one who told me to come over here." He says.

Ok, calm down. It'll be fine just go over there. Nothing bad can happen.

.... Yeahhh, sure. Like you haven't heard that line before.... What could possibly go wrong?

..... You are so gonna mess this up.

My thoughts are beyond sarcastic, as they war with each other, and myself. "........ Yeah, ok." I nod, standing up.