Chapter 18

I roll over, having got maybe four hours of sleep, but I force myself to get out of bed anyway

Ok, it's gonna be fine... Today's gonna be fine.

I get dressed, forcing my thoughts to behave, and  walk out into the kitchen.

Breakfast... That'll help... Yeah...

I decide to go all the way with it, to get my mind off of last night. I pull out pancake mix, whisk up eggs, and I pull a pack of bacon out of the fridge. It's not gourmet or anything... I just woke up two hours before normally do.

Shocker... I wonder why.

While everything is cooking, I go and sit on the couch. My quirk busy in the kitchen putting everything away, while stirring the eggs, flipping the pancakes, and minding the bacon. Life has gotten a lot easier since I learned how to use my quirk this way.

I can clean my room in like thirty seconds.... I love it.

My phone buzzes, and I pull it out of my pocket, glancing at the screen.

......................

...... Izu.

Everything I've worked on this morning, to not think about him, falls apart, as I stare at my phone.

Izuku:
Hey are you up

I sigh, sinking into the couch.

Me:
Yeah I'm making breakfast
You want any

I don't get a response, but a knock on our door. I smile despite myself, and stand to go open it.

Just don't do anything weird... please.

I pull the door open. "Hey." I'm met with Izuku's smiling face. He's still in his blue sleep shirt, and his hair's a mess.

Well..... more than his normal messy.

"Hey." I hum, opening the door wider for him to come in.

"It smells great." He swings his arms, and I can feel the uncomfortable tension in the air. "What did you make?" He asks, leaning on the back of the couch.

Dude I'd rather stab myself with a fork, than deal with this right now.

It's just........ uncomfy.

"Bacon, eggs, pancakes. Y'know, just normal stuff." I shrug. A small silence creeps in, and I'm left to my thoughts.

Last night was-