II

The street was full of people, and any of the passers-by could hear your conversation. But none of the three seemed to care in the least. Satoru warped the both of you to that same place the second you had received Shoko's message, and to your surprise, Suguru had not fled. He was standing in front of you, his dark hair flowing down his back.

You haven't seen him in months. Not a single message, call, or explanation. Suguru Geto had disappeared from your lives overnight. From his actions, you expected to find a dark and rabid version of your close friend. However, his face only showed a sincere smile.

"What is wrong with you?" Gojo asked, his voice trembling. At that moment, you decided not to try to decipher what was he feeling. Whatever it was, it would only serve to make you snap. "Are you even aware of what you have done?"

Suguru's smile widened, and a shiver ran through you from head to toe. Who was that person in front of you? It had nothing to do with the boy from a year ago.

"I've decided how I want to live. So now I'll just do what I can for the sake of it." He shrugged. "But that doesn't mean we have to be apart, you can join me too."

Gojo stiffened, right next to you. Was he seriously considering it? No, he would never hurt anyone. A trail of cold sweat formed on your forehead when you realized it. You would have put your hand in the fire thinking Suguru wouldn't either, and look at him now.

"I don't even recognize you anymore Suguru." You spoke in a barely audible whisper. "Come back please."

Out of the corner of your eye, you saw Gojo turn to look at you, but you didn't take your eyes off Suguru. All three of you knew that was a meaningless prayer. If Suguru returned to Jujutsu Tech he would be executed. There was no turning back what he had done, but you refused to accept that reality. It was simply too painful.

"Just come back, Suguru, please..." You repeated, with a trickle of tears running down your cheek.

You sat up abruptly with the bitter taste of the scene you had relived in your dreams. It was not the first time that you dreamed of that day. It was a nightmare that visited you frequently. Propped up on your elbows on the bed in your room, it took you a few seconds to realize you weren't alone.

"You were talking in your sleep again." Gojo was lying on the sofa in your room, dimly lit by the first rays of the day. It couldn't be later than 6 am.

What the hell did you say? You hoped it wasn't the last sentence you said in your dream. You looked at the man uncomfortably, but you didn't ask him and he didn't say anything either.

"I wouldn't bother anyone if there was no one in my room at dawn. I've told you a thousand times not to show up here unannounced." You grumbled.

Satoru raised an eyebrow and shifted on the sofa to face you. He lifted a thumb and pointed at the wall behind him.

"Even if I was in my room I can still hear you, you know." He said with a smile, and a wave of embarrassment ran through your body.

"Whatever. I don't care if you're here, but let me know beforehand, please. One day you will give me a heart attack."

"Don't be like that, I am very considerate. I even brought breakfast to the best teacher in the school."

"I'm sure they are very grateful to you."

"You have it there, idiot." He replied with a lopsided smile. With a nod, he pointed at your desk, where there was an extra-large cup of coffee.

You got up from the bed and brought the cup of coffee to your nose, intoxicated with the sweet smell of your favorite kind of coffee. "Hmm. It smells so good." You muttered with the scratchy voice of just getting up. "Thank you very much, Gojo."