I found a dead body

At this point I had tried everything humanly possible. I couldn't keep it in any longer. If I didn't go to the toilet now, this will end up being the worst and most embarrassing day in my many years of attending O'heads.

The morning sun didn't help my situation much, and Ngozi's three week old all back was smelling horrible.

Where is Chisom?

She was supposed to be the one standing in front of me in the line, but she hasn't showed up at the assembly ground. She was talking to Amanda when I left her in the class for assembly. I should have just dragged her along when I was going, to avoid dying from suffocation. Why would she do this to her best friend.

I left my line for the third time to try and convince Miss Mary-Austin to let me go to the toilet.

I walked as fast as my bladder would let me, to get to her standing behind the students with other teachers.

I saw her roll her eyes as she noticed me coming, I guess she already knew why I was back.

“Ma, please can I go?” I started begging, a few steps away from her. She sighed loudly before saying anything.

“Why didn't you just go before assembly” She said, clearly annoyed by my persistence. I ignored her instead clutched my belly, pretending be in great pain.

“Ma, I'm dying” I said in a choked voice, drawing the attention of the teachers beside her and some students at the back of their lines. If I made her look like a bad person she'd let me go for sure.

She sighed again, this time I could tell she had given up.

“just go” She said dismissively, shooing me away with her hand. My lips spread into a satisfactory smile as I stood upright.

“Thank you ma” I chirped, as I happily skipped away from the assembly ground.

I ran to the main school building. A huge  'O', at a corner of the huge school compound. It was round building, when you entered the building there was a circular open ceiling in the centre, causing the building to form an 'O'. Below the open ceiling was a patch of grass, A water fountain in the middle, surrounded by benches made of stone.

I ran down the curved corridor to the closest restroom, the female staff toilet, beside the staircase to go to the next floor.

I opened the toilet and rushed into an empty stall, quickly relieving myself.

“Ahhh” I couldn't help but sigh. There's nothing like peeing just before it's too late, the greatest satisfaction you can ever find.

I rolled up the sleeves of my black blazer and then my white long sleeve shirt as I left the stall and walked to the black ceramic sink. The water rushed out as I placed my hand under the tap, quickly rinsing it with soap and water, then drying it on my black knee-length skirt.

I look at myself in the mirror to see if I was in order, then adjusted my black tie before leaving.

Strolling out of the toilet, I considered not going back to the assembly, I could just stay in my class until assembly was over. But I thought again.

I've never skipped assembly before, what would I even do.

I walked slowly to the building's entrance, deciding to go back to the assembly, if I got caught hanging around, I might get in trouble and that won't help my reputation.

They'd never make someone with a bad reputation a prefect. I was going to be the next head girl of O'heads Private School, it's my destiny, Tofunmi doesn't stand a chance against someone like me, she'd have to be satisfied with being my assistan-