Small talk and memories.

happy reading! 📝
(THIS IS A REALLY LONG ONE! More than 2400 words.)

.

.

.

" yeah? Well I heard he's bad. "
" hmm.. he's good bad, But he's not evil! "

—————————————————————-

PAVITRS POV

Night enveloped my room in a shroud of darkness, matching the heaviness in my heart. I lay on my bed, my thoughts scattered like ashes in the wind. The knock on my door was soft yet resolute, followed by my aunt's voice, "Can I enter?"

"Mhm," I mumbled, my voice barely audible even to myself. The door eased open, revealing my aunt bearing a cup of chai and a plate with a few strawberries. She set them down on my desk and settled onto my bed, her presence a comforting anchor amidst the turmoil.

Her eyes held a mixture of concern and weariness as she gazed at me. Her hand found its way to my shoulder, the touch light but reassuring. "Pavitr," she began, her voice carrying a tenderness that warmed my insides, "how are you feeling, sweetheart?"

A grumble escaped my lips as I yawned, my voice laced with sleep-induced grumpiness. "I'm better than before."

She smiled gently, the lines on her face softening. Fingers brushed away traces of tears from my cheeks as I turned to face her. My eyes were puffy, cheeks tinged with a rosy hue from my recent emotional release.

"Vitri," she said, using the affectionate nickname from my childhood, "your friends are worried. Why haven't you been responding to them?"

Her touch was soothing as she wiped away the evidence of my tears. I met her gaze, feeling the weight of her concern. "I don't know," I admitted, my voice a whisper of vulnerability.

Her hand remained on my cheek, a gesture of reassurance. "Hobbie asked about you as well," she informed me gently.

Hobbie's name sent a shiver of uncertainty down my spine. He was more than a coworker; he was the subject of my unspoken feelings. The mention of his concern tugged at my heart in a way I couldn't ignore. "He did?" I managed to say, my voice tinged with surprise.

My aunt's gaze held a knowing depth, her eyes reflecting understanding. "Pavitr, please respond to them," she urged softly, her voice a blend of motherly warmth and concern. "Try reaching out again. Don't let fear hold you back. Everyone cares for you, including me."

Her words resonated within me, a soft echo of her love and care. In her presence, the isolation that had settled around me began to crack, allowing the warmth of connection to seep through. As I looked into her eyes, I found a glimmer of hope, a reminder that I wasn't alone in facing my fears and uncertainties.

"Try loving again," she added, her voice carrying a gentle insistence. "It won't end like last time."

I nodded at her request, a small movement that conveyed my understanding. Her smile met my gaze, a warm assurance that I wasn't alone in this. As she rose from the bed and walked towards the door, I followed her movements, watching as she paused with her hand on the doorknob. "Nothing is ever the same, so it won't end like last time," her words lingered in the air like a promise, a gentle reminder that there was hope for things to turn out differently. Her smile held a hint of wisdom, and with a final look, she left the room, the door closing softly behind her.