Chapter 24: Misunderstanding and Loss

Siren POV

Tester slowly floated through the halls of the FOB, she had been finalizing her plan to defect with Purifier to the human side and was figuring out what she was to do with Observer's cube when she bumped into Compiler.

Compiler: "Oh! Sorry Tester." she apologized, sincerely.

Tester B: "It's no trouble Compiler..." she sighed, "What are you doing here? Last I checked you were under Lovers' command."

Compiler: "Oh! Empress relocated me." she replied, "Something about being a hand down..."

Tester B: "Right....." she trailed off.

Compiler: "Anyway! Have you seen Observer anywhere?" she asked, innocently.

Tester B: "I...think she's out on patrol." she lied.

Compiler: "Oh! Ok then, I should be going out soon." she said, not picking up on the lie, "Maybe I'll meet her out on the field."

Compiler floated down the hall happily, passing Purifier who had overheard the conversation.

Purifier: "Be careful kid! The Hero of Azur's no laughing matter!" she yelled.

Compiler: "Who?" she asked.

Purifier: "These human's big trump card." she replied, "You'll know when ya see him."

Compiler: "Ok..." she said, floating off.

Purifier floated away before landing next to Tester.

Purifier: "So you haven't told her?" she asked.

Tester B: "Yeah...and Empress is covering those orders pretty well if Compiler has no idea Observer's gone." she replied with a sigh, "I'll tell her with time but....just not now...I know how close they both are after all..."

Purifier: "How is Observer?" she asked.

Tester B: "She's heartbroken." she replied, "She still hasn't fully processed that she's been thrown away like a faulty Executor Class."

Purifier: "Understandably." she said, "She didn't deserve that."

Tester B: "Anyway," she sighed, "we're going on patrol in a few minutes, let's try to set our plan up."

Purifier: "I doubt this is gonna work!" she shouted, Tester floating away.

Tester B: "I know you do!" she yelled back.

Purifier grumbled before following Tester away.

Human POV

It'd been 2 Months since Andy and his scouting force had recovered Alex. So far, he...had...snuck off....over a hundred times, been dragged back an equal amount of times and has refused to admit he was in any trouble or pain at all. It was getting exasperating having to drag the stubborn bastard back into the infirmary every few weeks to replace his stitches or casts or whatever.

On the first Monday of December, Andy and Marga were dragging Alex back from another one of his break outs. The Kansen were supposed to go out on routine patrol but were rerouted to intercept Alex while Barker went in their place.

Andy: "You really gotta stop doing this man..." he groaned.

Alex: "I am needed on the frontlines!" he snapped, stuck in a gravity sling as seen equipped to Gypsy Avenger.

Andy: "What you need is a bed and a really good doctor..." he groaned.

Alex: "Look, Andy, I'm fine, but I need to finish what I started out there, so let me go." he growled.