Chapter 36: Get in and Grab [3/4]

Black Sea

1300 hours

It had been 2 hours since the destruction of the Xianyang, the Admiral Makarov, and the Retiviy and the Sailors were in a frenzy preparing their ships for sea. When the news of what had happened to the trio of ships reached Sevastopol's base commander, he had ordered every possible ship be made sea worthy and battle ready before hopping onto every Russian Channel he could find. 

Sevastopol Fleet Admiral: "Все доступные корабли в Черном море, все предыдущие заказы сейчас приостановлены," he started, "Я приказываю каждому мужчине, женщине и ребенку на борту каждого корабля выполнить одно простое задание. Потопите «Стив Ирвин». Потопите «Стив Ирвин». Потопите «Стив Ирвин». Тот, кто это сделает, получит повышение по службе и повышение заработной платы на 90%. Теперь иди! Пусть Родина гордится!" 

Immediately, every ship ceased hunting Ukrainian Supply Ships and escorting their own in favor of hunting for the kansen patrol ship. In the Ukrainian Port of Odesa, one of the listening stations that was listening in to Russian communications picked up this message and got up, running towards a small RV. In said RV, President Zelensky and his family were having Lunch. 

Ukrainian Soldier: "Mr. President!" he yelled, barging in, "The Russians!" 

Olena Zelenska: "Сукин сын!" she cussed, spilling her orange juice. 

President Zelenskyy: "What is it about the Russians this time?" he demanded, "Have they launched another offensive?" 

Ukrainian Soldier: "No sir, they aren't stupid like last time." he replied. 

President Zelenskyy: "Did they whine about destroying another Abrams even though our men are still training on them?" he asked, annoyed. 

Ukrainian Soldier: "While that would be funny sir, no, they didn't." he replied. 

President Zelenskyy: "Then what is it?" he demanded, taking a sip of water. 

Ukrainian Soldier: "They've ordered every single ship in the Black Sea after your transport." he replied. 

The President did a spit take at what his soldier just reported. 

President Zelenskyy: "Every ship?" he asked. 

Ukrainian Soldier: "Yes sir! The Americans are saying the Kuznetsov and the Velikiy are getting underway as we speak." he replied. 

President Zelenskyy: "What did he do to piss them off so much?" he asked. 

Ukrainian Soldier: "He sank 2 Russian Escort Ships and a Chinese Destroyer without so much as a sweat." he replied, "It's everywhere over the news, in any case, I must leave now." 

Zelensky allowed the soldier to leave as his teenage daughter, his young son, and his wife turned to him. 

Oleksandra Zelenska: "So...." she trailed off, "What's the plan now dad?"