Chapter 12

"Pack up all of your stuff everyone! Class is over." Professor Slughorn said, Charlotte quickly packing up her stuff to go speak to him.

Draco wasn't in class, her already knowing it was because of the incident. Just by the way he's acting, she definitely knows something's up and no one wants to tell her. She's almost a hundred percent sure that reason is why Adrian doesn't want her near Draco and his friends.

And she's shitting herself because she knows now that the secret is going to be way darker than she would've thought.

"Professor, may I speak to you for a moment?" He nodded, a small smile on his face. "Of course miss Pucey what can I help you with?" She gulped, fiddling with the strap of her tote bag.

"I was just wondering if you knew what the exact cause of vervain was to vampires? I'm just really interested in that topic and want to know more." He nodded happily.

"Yes dear I understand... the thing is that I only know it causes harm to them, nothing else. If you need to know more then there's a book in the library by the barely used ones where it tells you all you need to know."

"Another question", she gulped, "is it normal for your hand to get slightly burnt if you're a human but touched vervain?" He shrugged, trying to think.

"I'm not really sure. Maybe if a wrong ingredient was added then that could possibly happen." She nodded, giving him a tight lipped smile.

"Thank you for your time, professor." She walked out after he told her it was no problem, making her way to the library. She could feel her hands sweat at the thought that he was a vampire, the thought making her feel stupid for thinking that but knowing it couldn't be impossible.

Walking into the library, she went to the back where the books that were rarely used and were randomized were, stopping once she saw who was there.

Draco was sat at one of the tables, his legs propped up on another chair beside him as he read the book in his hand. If only she knew he was trying to find a distraction from her, not knowing what to do if she found out he was a monster.

It's not like he had a choice. His dad was the one that forcibly turned him. It was one day when Draco decided to fight back and punched Lucius, and Draco didn't know he was a vampire yet until he saw no no damage done on him from the punches. He almost fainted at the sight of his dads eyes turning red as he got in front of him and made him drink some blood, snapping his neck. He had no idea why he chose that punishment for him, but he hated it. He hated himself.

So he's always quiet when he's forced to see his dad for summer and all of the other breaks, his rude facade falling and fear replacing it. He fucking loathed his father.

But of course Charlotte didn't know that. She didn't know he didn't have a choice, or for now even know he wasn't human. It secretly broke his heart that she was going to find out and actually hate him afterwards. He didn't want that to happen.

Charlotte didn't even make a move to make herself known as she got in between the shelves, knowing he didn't notice her by the concentrated look on his face as he read the book. She looked over the shelves, seeing how dusty the books were.

They looked as if they weren't used in a century. And she knew why. Because either people didn't believe in other creatures, or they just never had that much importance for them and just left it at that.

Her eyes landed on the book, her eyes void of any emotion as she gripped it and read the name. 'The dangers of vampires.' She dug her fingers into the book, not even thinking another thought as she hid the book and walked out of the library.

She was fucking scared of what she was about to read.

A/N:

SHORT CHAPTER BECAUSE I WANT IT TO BE MORE CHAPTERS BEFORE SHE FINDS OUTTTT

EEEEEEEEEEE

IM EXCITEDDD

KISSESSSSS <333