00

- E L E N A -
| mentions of death + overdose |

"Daddy!" I yelled, walking towards my parents' bedroom.

Daddy promised me we were going to get ice cream today.

"Daddy!" I yelled again, now knocking on their door. No response. I slowly twisted the doorknob and walked into the room.

"Daddy, I though we were getting ic-" I stopped in my tracks in front of their bed.

Daddy was lying there, foam coming out of his mouth and a needle on the floor.

"MAMA!"

𑁍𑁍𑁍

"We are gathered here today to celebrate the life of Angelo Silas Moretti. He was a great father, son, and friend." The priest spoke.

Friend.

I've never seen more than half of the people here. They weren't his friends.

𑁍𑁍𑁍

Everyone was at our home now. It was a lot of people here. Enzo, my older brother, and I stood beside Mama the entire time.

We were standing near the food table when Cassandra and Ares Garcia came up to us.

Cassandra pulled Mama into a hug and tears began pouring from her eyes.

Cassandra and Ares had always been close with my parents. They had a son, but he was pretty shy and didn't talk much.

"Hi." I heard a voice mutter. I turned to see Matteo, Cassandra and Ares' son.

I waved at him and offered him a small smile. He returned it and came from behind Cassandra, standing in front of me.

"I'm Matteo." He smiled.

𑁍𑁍𑁍

"Matteo, my brother is downstairs. He'll kill us." I say, pulling away from the intoxicating and very risky kiss.

"I mean this in the most respectful way possible, please shut up." He breaths heavily and goes back in to continue the kiss, pulling my waist closer to him as I'm straddling him.

He leans back on my bed, his grip on my waist tightening.

Just then, I hear my door slam against the wall and my brother stands in the doorway. "What the actual fuck!" He yells.

I push my body away from Matteo's chest and I realize I only made the situation worse because now, I'm straddling him.

"Elena, get the fuck off of him!" He yells and grabs my arm, pulling me off of Matteo. I hear Matteo groan and he stands up from his position on my bed.

"Matteo, what the fuck is wrong with you?" He yells and lets my arm go, pushing Matteo.

"I'm not going to hit you because you're my best friend, but I'm not breaking up with her." He admits and Enzo grabs my arm again.

"I'll talk to you later." Enzo sighs and drags me out of my room.

𑁍𑁍𑁍