04

- E L E N A -

I'm out with Enzo and Mads getting food.

Enzo apologized and explained the entire situation, saying he didn't want to be rude even though he's rude to everyone. And he also promised me food, so I forgave him.

Mads and I said that it would be best to just grab food and then go back home, but Enzo insisted on eating out. I'm not entirely sure why, but we just agreed because we figured he just wanted to spend time together.

A waitress comes over and seats us and I realize Enzo looks really nervous. I just brush it off and turn my attention to Mads, who was trying to decide what to get.

After a few minutes, I notice Enzo look over to the door and subtly tell someone to come over with his eyes.

What is he doing?

Just then, someone sits down at our table.

What the fuck?

Matteo Garcia, the man who ruined me, is sitting at our fucking table. Mads looks up and her eyes immediately go to Enzo.

Did she know?

"Hi." He breathes, anxiously.

I'm going to kill them both.

"What the fuck, Enzo? After you apologized and everything, you bring him here?"

I've always been the type of person that no matter what my brother does, I will never say that I hate him. That was a promise I made to myself.

No matter what the other does, we would always come back from it. That was a promise we made to each other.

But right now, those promises are about to be broken.

I get up from the table and someone grabs my wrist. I look down to see Matteo, giving me a pleading look.

I snatch my arm away from him. "You don't have the right to touch me after what you've done."

I look at Mads who's getting up from her seat and standing beside me. "You went too far." She tells Enzo.

I look over to him, wanting to say the things I promised to never say so badly. "Be glad that those promises mean something to me."

I say before I walk towards the exit of the restaurant, Mads following behind me.

✿✿✿

"I just don't get why he keeps doing this shit to me." I complain to Mads. She rubs my back in an attempt to comfort me.

"Did you know about this?" I ask and her movements halt. She takes a deep breath in before looking me in my eyes.

"He told me about it, but I told him not to do it and he said okay. I thought he wasn't going to, so I didn't want to tell you and get you upset over nothing." She explains.

I slightly nod and sigh heavily.

Why?

✿✿✿

- M A T T E O -

Enzo stands in front of me, going on a rant. He's going on about how I was supposed to talk to her, but I couldn't.

When she looked at me with her eyes full of hatred as her words burned like knives in my heart, I couldn't talk to her.

There's no changing things by telling her or explaining, she hates me.

My first and only love hates me.

"Enzo, shut the hell up." I interrupt the nonsense pouring from his mouth as he looks at me, appalled.

"You don't get it. I couldn't fucking talk to her because she hates me. I can't talk to the woman I love, knowing that she hates me. You don't know what the fuck that feels like, so don't tell me what I should've done." I scoff.

I don't give him a chance to respond before I start walking away.

However, he grabs my shoulder, turning me around to face him. "You're so surprised that she hates you, but you couldn't even say one word to her before leaving. You left her with a fucking necklace." He grits.

How could he say something like that after knowing why I did it?

I don't know why and I don't know how, but I turned around and punched him hard in the jaw. Not expecting it, he stumbled back, having to lean against a wall to gain his balance back.

"Fuck, I didn't-"

"I deserved that." He cuts me off. He walks closer to me and looks me in my eyes.

"As much as I want you to tell her, I can't keep bringing her to you. I can't take that risk anymore." He tells me, moving his jaw around.

"I understand." I say.

"I have to go." He says and I nod, as he turns around to walk to his car.

Well, shit.

✿✿✿

and the new chapter is up!!

this one is also short and kind of rushed because i was trying to get it out

but they talkeddd

it might've been for 10 seconds but they talked

tiktok: _kenzwrites

if you see any mistakes, tell meee

ily all sm and have a great night/day!!