01

- E L E N A -

"Elena Rose Moretti!" I hear my full name being called by a voice I can recognize from anywhere.

Just then, Mads burst into my room with a huge smile on her face. Shortly after, my brother, Enzo appeared behind her.

"What the hell do you two want?" I tilt my head to the side, putting my phone down next to me. Mads sits on the edge of my bed and I already know what's coming.

"So, I know you never do anything for your birthday, but-"

"No, Mads." I shake my head and my brother starts to make his way over to us. He stands directly behind Mads and smiles at me.

"Come on. It's just one of my matches and you don't even have to consider it as your birthday.
You could just say you're there for me." My brother assures.

Him and Mads both give me puppy eyes and I roll my eyes at them.

"Fine. I hope you two know you're both a pain in the ass." I point at the two and they just smile.

"Enzo, get out." I shoo him away. He smacks his lips and walks out of the door.

"Now, help me find something to wear, you ass." I playfully roll my eyes at Mads and she walks over to my wardrobe, looking through my clothes.

......

I'm sat in front of my vanity, deciding what to do with my hair.

What if I just cut it all off?

As I'm thinking about going bald, Mads comes up to me and wraps her arms around my shoulder.

"Why didn't you just wear it curly?" She tilts her head to the side. I look at her through the mirror and she immediately gives me a look that says, sorry.

"You know why." I mutter, deciding to just wear it out with a little black bow in the back, to match my outfit.

Mads picked out a black fitted cropped shirt and a black miniskirt with black boots.

Maybe she's in mourning.

Just then, I hear a knock on my door and my brother comes in right after it. "You do know that you're supposed to wait until you're told to come in." I say. He just rolls his eyes and stands beside Mads, wrapping his arm around her waist.

"Are you finally ready?" He groans. I'm about to respond when I notice Mads remove his hand from her waist.

"Do you idiots seriously still think I don't know about the two of you fucking?" I furrow my brows. Enzo laughs.

"Trust me, I do." He smirked and I knew exactly what he meant.

Ew.

"Let's go, I don't want to hear about this anymore." I give the two a disgusted look and grab my purse off of my bed, walking towards the door.

𑁍𑁍𑁍

When we walk into the club, the smell of sweaty bodies and alcohol fills my nose. People filled the space, most of them drunk out of their minds. Then, of course, you had guys hitting on uninterested girls and vice versa.

"Who are you fighting?" I ask Enzo, as he never told us. He greets a few more people before turning to me.

"Don't know. This match is a surprise and the only thing I know about the guy is that he's pretty good." He shrugs.

I nod and turn my head towards Mads, who's glaring at Enzo.

"What did he do now?" I laugh at her expression. "He said that I have a limit of two shots because he had to carry me out of here last time." She rolls her eyes at him and he just laughs.

"Yet you two claim to hate each other." I say and she narrows her eyes at him.

"I do hate him." She scoffs and he laughs again. Just then, after going down a small flight of stairs, we reach this door with a keypad on it.

Enzo puts the code in and opens the door to reveal the underground and highly illegal boxing arena.

"You guys can go and find seats, the fight starts in about 10 minutes." He says and starts walking to the area for the fighters to warm up.

"I wonder who he's fighting." Mads says and I nod, silently agreeing.

𑁍𑁍𑁍

After talking for 10 minutes and waiting for the start of the fight, Mads and I turn our attention to the ring as the announcer steps in.

"Welcome everyone to the fight you all have been waiting for!" The announcer shouts and the crowd erupts in cheers.

"Two of the best gentlemen to ever step in this ring will fight tonight! Now, introducing our first contestant, Lorenzo Moretti!" The announcer calls out Enzo's name and he steps into the ring. The arena erupts in cheers along with Mads and I.

"Now, our second contestant, Matteo Garcia!" The announcer yells and I freeze in place.

It can't be.

And before I know it, he steps into the ring with a shocked look covering his face as he stares at Enzo.

His face turns to the crowd and he searches it until his eyes meet mine. My heart pounds in my chest and I'm frozen in place.

All the memories flood my mind and my eyes start to burn.

Don't cry, Lena. You're fine.

"Mads, I have to go." I say, turning to her while clenching my fists so tight that I can feel my nails digging into my palm.

"Don't focus on him, you've cried enough over him the past few years. Don't let him get to you and ruin your birthday again." She tells me.

I take a deep breath and sit back down, deciding to take Mads' advice and not let him ruin my special day for the second time.

That's when we make eye contact again, but this time he says something.

"Lo siento, estrella." I read his lips.
{I'm sorry, star}

Fucking asshole.

𑁍𑁍𑁍

and that's the first chapter of forbidden taste!!

im so excited to write this book because i have many ideas for this book and the whole series in general

tiktok: _kenzwrites

if you see any mistakes, lmkkk

ily all and have a great day/night <33