A new beginning

Disclaimer: this is set back to when serius black was still alive. Athene is going to see him in askaban before she goes int her first year at Hogwarts. At this time Harry is starting to receive letters, if that makes any sence. Enjoy and this does contain blood and a bit of gore⚠️

I woke up in a cold sweat, it wasn't anything out of the ordinary, ever since I can remember I had nightmares

I woke up in a cold sweat, it wasn't anything out of the ordinary, ever since I can remember I had nightmares. I felt my heart grow in my chest and I sat up in my bed. I heard my door creak open as one of the house elves waddled across the room.

"Are you alright Athene?"

"Yes winky I am, thank you" I said with a lump in my throat.

"I'll get your tea started" winky said, waddling out of my room.

I winced at the thought of getting up. I was tired yet before I could think of going back to bed I was already up, my feet hitting the cold fur rug sent tingles down my spine. I looked up at my window, walking towards it. To my surprise the leaves on the trees where a bright shade of yellow, some orange.
That set the mood, a cold autumn day. I dressed myself in a brown sweater and dark blue jeans. I began down the hall to the stairs when I heard winky yelp. I began to rush down the stairs and once I got to the bottom I saw winky with a letter, I instantly knew what she was holding. She was holding a letter from Hogwarts. I eagerly inched forward and squatted down to her level.

"What's this?" I questioned

"A letter for you miss black." She said, handing me the letter.

I felt the pristine edge of the letter with my index finger. I lightly traced over the wax seal. Before I tore the edge away as carefully as I could to preserve it. Once I got it open I unfolded the letter that was inside. My unreadable face turned into a bright smile as I read the last signature of the letter. Winky looked at me with wide eyes as I explained I had gotten into Hogwarts.