Impressions matter

This is basically a reunion of the slitherin friend group, Tom and mattheo make there first impressions, and soon figure out a horrid truth, if you would like this to be a love triangle LMK please and idk who's going to be endgame yet so you can decide!! Enjoy!

It wasn't long before the train began to slow, I could feel the tracks under me as the awful screeching sound began. I cringed hard at that. I could hear the chatter outside as kids rushed to the doors leading off the train. I was in no rush however, it was my third year and I had nothing to worry about. Pansy however was a different story, she was all over the place scrambling to get out. I calmly followed her down the rows and out the door. I stood looking at hagrid explaining something to the first years.

Mattheo and Tom made there way out after us and listened into hagrids lecture. Tom rolled his eyes and began to walk off to the boats. Mattheo sighed and watched him. I knew they had different outlooks on the world and mattheo just wanted some normalcy. He began to follow after Tom but I grabbed his hand without thinking and pulled him back, he had a shocked face that quickly turned into a smirk.

"Bloody hell Athene you don't cut corners." He said smiling like an idiot.

In return I rolled my eyes at his insane thought process and walked away with Pansy at my side. She knew I wouldnt want to talk about it so she kept quite. I didn't want the silence to end, we were taking a passage way to Hogwarts and the forest life around us seemed so full. I felt at peace, all the drama at home was going to be gone for a while and I was, happy. Maybe happy wasn't the right word but it was pleasant, nothing had been happy since the day I was left behind. Oh how I miss my family. We soon we're in the forbidden forest not to far from Hogwarts and everything seemed as though it was watching us. Pansy gulped loudly and got closer to me, perhaps looking for comfort? Whatever it was it was pathetic. Comfort was nothing but a load of toad stools. I sighed Pansy had a good heart and I wasn't going to destroy our friendship over my jealousy.

We were approaching the clearing into Hogwarts, I knew we would arrive early since hagrid had a long, long speech. As we walked into the clearing all the nasty and horrid thoughts I had simmered down, that forest was pure evil. As we walked through the grass we could see all the tiny boats getting closer. I began to run up the hill to get to the entrance quicker, Pansy followed after me and laughed a bit at my competitive outlook. Once we were inside of Hogwarts it was clear to me that this place never got boring, never. We rushed into the great hall. A few students were spread out among the tables. We sat down in our usual spots and began to chit chat. I could see Blaise and Theo walk in. Pansy got up, and I quite literally mean ran at full speed into Blaise's arms, kissing him. Nasty. I wanted to hurl at the sight of it and as Theo got closer he chuckled, I have him a hug and sat back down.

"Any idea where Draco is pretty girl?"

"Not at all nott"

He nodded slowly and sat down next to me and put his arms on the table and rested his head on them. Pansy and Blaise were talking and when Blaise sat next to Theo she followed. I rolled my eyes, I knew Blaise liked Pansy and I was happy but honestly the PDA was to much for me. As the witches and wizards rushed in to find a seat I spotted Draco and Enzo walking over, they sat across from us and acknowledged me before continuing their conversation. Before potter had walked in. Draco couldn't shut up about something he'd heard on the train. God it was like he was obsessed with Harry. Draco whispered over to get his attention and then spat.

"you mean you actually fainted?" And turned to us laughing.

Ugh I just wanted to tell him to knock it off. Harry and I had always been pleasant to eachother if we had a class and I didn't see why Draco had so much jealousy toward Harry. As time went on I began to converse with Theo and enzo. It wasn't long after that I felt a shift in weight on the table. I turned to see mattheo and Tom sitting next to me. Mattheo looked anxious and Tom had an expression of nothing.

"What do we do now?" Mattheo whispered.

"Did you get sorted into your house?" I asked.

"Yea we're both in slitherin." He said.

"We usually just catch up while the first years get sorted, or watch them" I spoke more softly now that everyone was clapping for a hufflepuff.

Mattheo joined in clapping as I stayed silent, I didn't understand why this mattered? No one clapped when I got into slitherin other then the few friends I had already made beforehand. After many sorting Dumbledore began his speech about the death eaters that were after serius black. Wait hold on did he just say my uncles name? I gasped at the reality of the situation that I had put myself into. I was endangering myself and my uncle by being here and by the harsh words I had said to him.

"This can't be good." I mumbled. Pansy already looked at me in shock and Draco did soon after aswell. They knew me and my past the most and knew serius was my uncle.

I politely excused myself and hurried out of the great hall. My shoes made what seemed to be the loudest sound in the world at that moment as I stepped out the door. I leaned against the wall and put my face in my hands as I felt my body slowly slipping down the wall. I realized that he wasn't after me, well he probably wasn't since I was all he had left. He wouldn't hurt me and now that I was at hogwarts I could definitely defend myself now. I let my breathing slow and I got up off the floor. My robes were definitely longer then I had remembered them. I began up the stairs to the slitherin dorm, I quietly snuck through the halls and Dumbledore's voice slowly faded the farther I went. I stopped once I reached the library and headed straight to the restricted area where I traced my hand over many of the dusty books until I reached one that held defensive spells, I pulled it off the shelf. Once I opened it I was met with a dust cloud. Whoever last had this was probably dead. I tucked it into my robe along with a few other books from the restricted are before heading out of the library. Now the halls were filling up and I had to get to the dorm as quick as possible.