Biker Baby | Chapter Nine

Lucy_Pearl Copyright © 2016

Chapter Nine

"Maybe if we could actually find his Old Lady while she's alone-"

"Do you know anyone who knows her personally?" Jacks asked to no one in particular. No one said anything in response, but Gus raised his hand. Jacks nodded at him and he spoke.

"Maybe if we ask Hugo or uh... Tiny about the woman, we could find out where she goes when Guinnes is... Away," he said. It was silent and the longer no one said anything, the thicker the silence got.

"That has got to be the most logical, rational, intelligent thing I have ever heard come out of your mouth," Wylie said from next to Jacks. Gus looked embarrassed for a second before blowing it all to hell.

"Well, you know I am a bit intelligent when it comes to missions like this," he smiled arrogantly and everyone rolled their eyes.

"So who's going to approach Hugo?" Wylie asked. From the corner of his eye, he saw Flag roll his eyes and let out a sigh. Like he was bored. He was lucky to even be there. No matter how much Wylie protested, Jacks told him that the man was a part of the club.

"I'm not poking that bear," a new member of the club responded. His name was Riley and he had a leveled head. He didn't pick fights and he stayed away from the loose women. He had slipped in with Heather and her father, a distant relative of theirs, but he showed his worth.

Brandy has had her eye on him since he was initiated into the club. He was incredibly smart, he worked the books for the club and even slipped a few thousand from random bank accounts that technically weren't theirs. He was a highly recommended accountant in his past life, but now he was a highly recommended money embezzler. Oh how fate could twist you around.

"I think that's a brilliant idea, mess with the dysfunctional man. Whose grieving for a woman who's not even dead," Flag remarked snidely. Jacks eyes cut to him quickly, he could feel his anger and agitation with the man rise.

"She may not be dead, but he loves her like a sister," a few members snorted at the comment. "So if he wants to grieve and mourn, I think he should be allowed to at least do that," he finished his quick speech and leaned back in his chair. A migraine was growing in the back of his head. He needed to get out of here.

"I say we go with Gus' idea and ask Tiny and Hugo. Anyone know the status of Tiny," Heather rose her hand and then stood up to address everyone.

"She's stable. Just woke up yesterday, but the downer is that she doesn't remember much," she announced. "Its bits and pieces but it wouldn't hurt to ask." She smiled at Jacks encouragingly and Jacks nodded.

"Okay, Wylie take some guys and go see what Tiny knows, and Gus and I will go see about Hugo. Meeting dismissed." Jacks stood up and everyone stood up also. But Flag spoke up before he could walk out.

"What about the rest of us?" He asked. Jacks turned and glared at the tall, skinny idiot.

"Just keep your ear to the ground," Jacks walked out of the office and down the hallway towards the steps. While going down the steps he bypassed Isabelle, skipping steps with her arms full of books and sheets of paper.

"Hey Jacks, bye Jacks!" He stopped and turned to look at her.

"Going to do your homework?" he asked. She stopped mid-step and looked down to him. She shook her head and laughed a bit to herself.

"No, I finished that already, I'm doing some research," she turned back towards the stairs and continued to skip steps. He shook his head and laughed to himself, at least she was getting her work done.