Biker Baby | Chapter Eighteen

Lucy_Pearl Copyright © 2016

Chapter Eighteen

When she walked into the house, it was eerily quiet. But she knew someone-besides Wyatt, had to be in the house, because from her short time of living here, this house was never empty.

She closed and locked the front door behind her, and then looked into the livingroom a few feet in front of her. Empty, even the TV that never got a break, was off. She narrowed her eyes and peeked into the diningroom, it was empty.

"Nonna!" She yelled. There was no response. "Jacks!" Still quiet. Where the hell is Wyatt?

Her heart started to beat incredibly fast, no one was here. But she saw Wyatt walk into the house earlier. So, he had to still be here, right? Right!?

She stepped into the door way of the kitchen, her heart still beating erratically in her chest. She pushed the door open, quiet and stealthy, with extreme caution. Where was everybo-

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!"

Isabelle didn't even have a chance to scream before she almost died of a heart attack. She clutched her chest and let our a scream and she watched as most of the happy faces in the crowd in the kitchen turned to looks of worry or horror.

"Oh shit, you okay?" Jacks stepped forward and grabbed her as she clutched her leather jacket to her chest. He looked down at her, worry and regret on his face.

"We didn't mean to scare you.. Fuck, I knew we should've just did the barbeque," he muttered. Isabelle shook her head and wrapped her arms around Jacks. Hugging him close to her.

"No it's okay, you all just scared the crap out of me," she laughed as she wiped away the stray tears in her eyes. She looked up to him and then to everyone else packed in the kitchen. Nonna, Leanne, Hugo, Shannah, Wylie, Gus, Riley, Flag. She wondered why he was here, it was no secret that he couldn't stand her. Everyone else that were outside in the backyard she noticed then. Where was Wyatt?

She looked up to Jacks, who now had his arms around her shoulders.

"Where's Wyatt?" She asked. He shrugged and then walked forward towards the group.

"I don't know, but today's your birthday, so we celebrate you and you only," everyone cheered and whistled. He led her to the kitchen island, everyone surrounded them.

"Isabelle, you're now seventeen years old, and I know you've only met me a few months ago but it seems like I've known you for longer. Hell after seventeen years of not knowing me, I thought you'd try to run away or something," a few people laughed and he joined, his more nervous than abused. Isabelle smirked and watched his face as he continued. "But you did show me that you are as much as your mother, and me too. You don't take any shit, and you can handle yourself. Shit, you're practically a female version of me-"

"May God help us all," someone announced from the back, everyone started to laugh again. He rose his middle finger in the air, and let it linger, before putting his hand in his pocket.

"Anyway, you're tough as nails and I'm proud to call you my daughter and I'm proud to be your father," he finished. Everyone awed and elbowed each other at the sentimental speech. Isabelle felt tears swell in her eyes and she looked up to the ceiling fan, concentrating on not crying. She sniffled and the room went silent.

"I know- uh at sometimes I could be evasive, hardheaded, sarcastic, rude, irrationally angry but I can't help it, I'm a teenager with a horrible temper that seems to only rival the person I received it from," she shot Jacks a knowing look and he narrowed his eyes and she did the same in response. "But here... I'd rather be here than any place in the world, because I am surrounded by family, by blood or not, this group of scary, badass bikers is where I truly belong." She hugged Jacks and he held her close as Nonna stepped up clearing as many people away from the island as possible.