1

HAERIN

Hello there everyone. I'm Kang Haerin, my job is a writer and I live by myself. It's very hard to live alone, there's a lot to think about and pay for. My salary as a writer isn't that high much, and this is my problem right now. I haven't been able to publish a book yet because Mrs. Park keeps declining my books, she said I still need to make it interesting. I've done everything to make it interesting, but she's still declining it. I'm now walking home after meeting her and talking about the book for many times.

I'm so tired right now, I hope I can just sleep it all away but I can't, I need to work. I don't have any other jobs than that, if you're wondering where's my parents. They kicked me out after finding out that I'm bisexual, how cruel right? Haha, that's okay, it's been a years already and I forgave them.

"Uh- yes hello Mrs. Shim?"

*Yes, hello Haerin, you have to pay the rent next week, and don't forget to pay for the electricity and water.*

"Yes yes Mrs. Shim, I'll pay right away, thank you."

*Okay, stay safe!* Mrs. Shim hanged up the call and I continued to walk, see? I have to pay those next week and I haven't got my salary yet. I guess I really need to find another job, second job I mean.

I noticed a girl wearing a white dress walking and walking in front of people while maybe asking something but the people she's approaching keeps walking as if she's invisible, until she tried to touch the person's arm and her hand just penetrated. Oh, maybe she's a ghost. I can see a ghost, yeah.

I just shrugged it off and continued walking. I checked my phone while I walk and suddenly avoided the person who would have bumped into my shoulder.

"Oh- sorry."

I immediately apologized and looked down, I haven't seen this person's face yet, I'm embarrassed.

"You can see me, don't you?"

The lady spoke and I slowly turn my head to look at the person- it's a ghost, not a person. She's the girl that I saw while ago. Shit.

I just walked away as if I didn't hear something. "Hey! Wait!" The ghost said but I didn't say anything or looked at her. I keep on walking and stopped when the traffic signal went red and the cars started passing by.

The ghost is still with me, beside me.

"Hey. You can see me, right?"

The ghost asked facing my face, I didn't say anything and just looked away.

"Right?!" I looked at the other direction when she faced my face  again where I was looking, and did it again.

"Come on, don't pretend anymore! You can see me!" She added and then brought her face closer to mine was about to kiss me so I moved my head away.

"I knew it!!"

I gulped and started crossing to the pedestrian line when the cars stopped and the traffic signal went red. I wasn't just walking, it's almost running.

"Hey! Hey, wait!"

She suddenly grabbed my wrist and I was shocked, how?! HOW?!

"Wha- how can I touch you??? Oh my gosh!" I still kept being quiet and trying to remove my wrist from her grip.

"Hey come on you can see me, don't pretend anymore, just help me! Help me, please!" She added with annoyed tone then threw my hand aggressively.

I took a deep breath and spoke, but not looking at her yet.

"What do you want..?" I asked in a nervous tone and finally turned my back to face her.

Not gonna lie, she's pretty!