6

HANNI

I was sitting on the couch staring at nothing when Haerin arrived with a puffy eyes.

"Hae- what happened? How did it go??"

Haerin looked at Hanni.

"It got rejected."

"How come...?"

"She said that it's not what I wanna write."

"I will take it to the other publishers. Mrs. Park always denying my works. She even never told me what to do. I need to team up with an editor who's more supportive than her." Haerin said and Hanni can see the sadness to her eyes but she needs to be honest with Haerin right now.

"That's not the point."

"What do you mean?"

"Mrs. Park is also right, Hae..."

"What...? Aren't you on my side unnie?"

"No, it's just because you already know what you need to do, you don't need to ask Mrs. Park what to do, you know it more than anybody else, Hae."

"You're not really satisfied with it, right?"

"You shouldn't write that if you really don't like it!" It's like Hanni is shouting but she's not.

"IT'S NOT THAT SIMPLE UNNIE!!" And there's Haerin, completely shouting now. She's mad and sad at the same time.

"SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE LIKE YOU WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND WHAT I FEEL!!! EVERYTIME MY STORY GETS REJECTED, I FEEL MISERABLE. BECAUSE IT FEELS LIKE I'M BEING REJECTED TOO!!" She began to sob looking at her laptop on the table.

"I know... I know I'm not gifted unnie. I can't do this anymore, I'M GIVING UP! I'M QUITING!" Haerin grabbed her laptop and threw it aggressively. Haerin stomped on it until it was broken and more broken, Hanni was just trying to be honest. She just wanted to help Hanni, but seems like she failed.

"Haerin... Haerin I'm sorr-"

"I hate you." Haerin ran upstairs and went to the painting room, closing the door and crying.

Hanni starts to think for a moment and immediately followed Haerin to the painting room. "Haerin..."

"Please don't be mad at me anymore. I'm just.... I'm just trying to help you and be honest with you..."

"What help unnie? HELP ME TO CRY?!"

"No...."

"THEN WHAT HELP?! YOU DIDN'T HELP AT ALL! IT'S ALL USELESS TO MRS. PARK!!"

Hanni sighed and took out a painting.

Haerin looked at the painting and to Hanni. "What's that?"

"I painted it five years ago

"I painted it five years ago. It gets no recognition, just trying to make a hit." Hanni started.

"Some of them were sold tho. But... it was just a waste of time to create something you don't want. So I decided not to run away from being real."