Chapter Three

Bet you forgot about Elysian.

...And I am the power source you are all looking for.

Everyone was stunned.

"Don't move and don't speak." she continued in a very sweet tone. Sophie realized she was a Beguiler, and she quickly transmitted that to everyone except Lady Gisela.

"Do you want to hear about my history or leave from here and never come back?" she asked. When everyone had said they wanted to stay, she approached them.

"First I need to trust you." She touched everyone's temples so she could read their minds.

When she went to Sophie, Sophie said "My mind is a little bit diffe-" Elysian cut her and continued approaching her. She had barely touched Sophie's temple when a light flashed. Elysian snapped her fingers three times and Fitz, Linh and Tam appeared.

"You told me to bring..." Fitz stopped talking when he saw Elysian.

"Guys, this is Elysian. She...." Sophie filled everyone in. When she was done, Elysian placed two cold finger at her temple. She had her eyes closed twice the time as the others, and Sophie started to think she couldn't get past her blocking, when suddenly Elysian took her hands away.

"Yours was trickier, but I got past. Your blocking was fascinating."

"How-" Sophie started, but Elysian held up a hand. "Telepathy tricks another time."

She looked between Sophie and Keefe. "Didn't you two-" Sophie realized what she was going to say and cut her "This isn't public knowledge."

She looked at who was smirking Keefe "Yet." she added

Linh Marella were smiling at her and Tam shot her a look that said "Anything happend?" . Meanwhile, Fitz looked like he might explode.

"No questions until I'm done. Let me remember one moment. Okay. As you know, Nightfall happens only when the Unmappped Stars align so it's very rare." She paused for a moment. "I was born on one."

When everyone opened their mouths to talk, Elysian repeated "No questions or I'll stop."

"When I manifested, everyone knew I was going to have many abilities. I was a Telepath, a Conjurer, a Mesmer and a Polyglot. That's the reason I can get past your blocking, and Conjure people. What only I knew was that they were merged. Just like yours now." she pointed at Keefe.

"You weren't born at a Nightfall, but your mother discovered my journals with my theories. I had left them so a member of my family could make the elixirs so they'd know what I've been through."

She pointed again at Keefe "You should be careful. The Council might banish you, or even Exile you for only having these abilities. The same thing happened to me. My parents told them to banish me, not to Exile me because I was a 'little girl'." She said the last part with air quotes.

"You will not survive from the final step of stellarlune because of what she did. I might be able to fix your fading abilities though." Elysian said. She pointed at Lady Gisela. "I'm very disappointed in you."

Lady Gisela started to talk, but Elysian cut her. "If you have pieced the clues, you know what I'm going to say."

Sophie wanted to ask a million questions, about the final step of stellarlune, the clues and much, much more but Elysian started talking again. And what she said was horrifying.

"I'm their grandmother." she said, pointing at Keefe and Lady Gisela.