Chapter Five

Everyone was silent. Sophie could only hear herself and her friends breathing. Inside her head, there was a huge mess. So that was why Elysisn didn't go to read Lady Gisela's mind.

Sophie waited for someone to break the silence, mostly because she didn't know what to say.

After a few minutes, Keefe started laughing. Sophie cracked a small smile. Of course Keefe would break the long-lasting silence with laughing.

"Good joke." He told Elysian while laughing. Elysian glared at him. "I said no joke."

Keefe suddenly stopped laughing. "So what you said is true?" He asked trembling.

"Yes." Sophie wasn't sure who said that. Her eyes was focused on Keefe, who seemed to have a mental breakdown. She rushed to his side, and whispered to him. "Keefe? I know you can do this. If you hear me, nod."

It took Keefe a moment process what she said and nod and when he nodded, Sophie starting breathing again. She hadn't realized she had stopped.

"I think that's my cue to leave." Lady Gisela said. She raised a crystal as Keefe stood up. Before he could say "No!", Linh blasted Lady Gisela with water and her crystal flew up. Tam caught it in the air with telekinesis and said  "Not now."

Lady Gisela talked again. "Do I need to remind you that I still have your bodyguard?"

Sophie mentally face-palmed herself. How could she forget about Sandor?

"No, you don't." Elysian said suddenly appearing. She snapped her fingers, and Sandor appeared floating in the air.

"I will get him to Elwin." Tam said. When everyone started arguing, he said "I am the best at telekinesis." He took a crystal and leaped with Sandor.

Sophie suddenly realized something horrible. Tam was holding Lady Gisela's crystal with his mind. And he had left. Which meant -

"I'll see you very soon." Lady Gisela said, raising her crystal and leaping away.