Poems From The Heart

Storytellingdude871

Hello Author and friend ☺️, this is the first and only (so far) poetry compilation I have reviewed here in this review shop. The fact is poetry isn't really my element, I don't read a lot of it. I read some, occasionally, and I obviously have my own set of them. I noticed that poetry is largely unedited and free handed here on Wattpad not following any set of rules when many poetry books do follow a real set of rules. That's why it is difficult to find it enjoyable on here on Wattpad. Your book was enjoyable for the most part but I will explain the issues I had with it and what I liked below.

 Your book was enjoyable for the most part but I will explain the issues I had with it and what I liked below

Liked:

The name is cheesy but I like it.

I liked your cover. It's cool and decently designed.

The second poem is a nice view into your head with how you like writing and think it's an art.

I liked the imagery of the river poem.

I liked the deep part of the isolation poem exploring issues that we all have.

Disliked

In poem number one you use 'blue eyes' very repetitively. It's okay to have repetition in poetry. I just don't think this is necessary this many times. We already know what the poem is about in the first two lines.

There are some grammatical issues still within some of the poems. I recommend combing through and reading them over.

The third poem is nice for the most part. I just don't think you need 'you are an amazing friend babe or I love you so much' it kind of stifles the flow at the end. It didn't seem necessary, or the way it was written was off.

In "these voices in my head" I don't think the last sentence goes with your flow.

In conclusion:

I am sure a lot of people enjoy your poetry and I did enjoy about half of them. I like the ones that actually seem fully from your heart, and I like the ones with imagery. It's just kind of hard for me to review poetry especially here on Wattpad where no one follows rules regarding poetry and uses free hand.